Partial eclipse Over Buenos Aires April 30th

Some screenshots of the partial eclipse over Buenos aires in the afternoon!

12 Likes

Amazing screenshots, thanks for sharing! :small_airplane:

1 Like

thanks for you reply

1 Like

Nice!!! Thanks for sharing this , I was not aware that eclipses were part of MSFS !! It should be the next screenshot contest subject :grin:

1 Like

yes they have some limitations for total eclipse and locations of the eclipse but in general, is a wonder to see it in the sky when you flying

2 Likes

Didn’t expect that to be modelled! I wonder if I can go back to it by changing the date :thinking:

1 Like

You can, but don’t expect to have a darkened sky. Last time I flew on a solar eclipse was on 14 December 2020 over Chile and Argentina. You can see the sun completely blocked by the moon. But there’s no moon’s shadow over the earth, meaning you can still see the earth and the sky as fully bright daylight and not darkened. But the sun itself is completely blocked by the moon.

1 Like

the moon, sun and earth are all modelled in the sim (ie their positions in the solar system relative to each other) - surely you can change the date and time to find other eclipses? Maybe? Not tried myself - but seems like it could be done to me,

1 Like

yes you can! just change the date and you can see the eclipse

2 Likes