Particle effects (contrails, etc.) with mentioned node-based particles

We are in luck… they are working on it, not sure when it will be released, but many are looking forward to the upcoming FX added improvements.

1 Like

*chemtrails =P

1 Like

That was an arrogant and rude answer.

3 Likes

Did you just link it back to this thread itself?

Nope, the thread I wrote that on was merged into this one by a mod.

Oh ok. Lol my thread is the main one for particle effects now I guess

1 Like

I agree with that. Contrails are essential for realism

2 Likes

They don’t want us to have contrails yet…you would see how empty the sky is…

Heat haze effect would be cool. From the detail the weather engine is supposed to go, I’m surprised its not there from the start.

Saw it here, but probably a video post-processing effect:

https://youtu.be/isvWpUXgKgM?t=91

Yes, I see that cool effect in-sim and so thought it would show at the ground level on a hot day (the air shimmering above the hot surface) but haven’t seen it, the air is perfectly ‘clean’ no matter the groun temp / air humidity. From the feature series, the detail in the weather engine included these details and even aerosol levels. I’m sure the potential for further weather related effects is there and hopefully materialize in the future! The effect I mean is shown here -

1 Like

And fire, smoke…

2 Likes

Water effects for sea planes.

6 Likes

Please add contrails, at least on higher altitudes just for a few miles. https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/753921454977974272/771997917455843338/unknown.png?width=971&height=467

Meteorologists use a formula based on temperature and humidity to calculate when and at what altitude you get contrails. This has military uses as you don’t want your stealth fighter to give itself away!

The same formula could be applied to the sim using Meteoblue data.

https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/pdf/10.1146/annurev-fluid-010814-013619![image|641x338](upload://oMupYloD9p6IOvf6HD2zEZEhgFJ.png)

2 Likes

it could be seen as if the MSFS airplanes don’t produce any exhaust, but to be real, they do in real live so should the sim ones!
A anecdote, flying EDDM to LOWW… MS/Asobo “forgot” to add contrails to planes but at least the ground textures got those

I’d love to see contrails in the game. It would add so much depth to the sky, another dimension and realism.

2 Likes

Can somebody tell me why the contrails are not working on such a game/simulator like this…???

So because basic mechanics aren’t working we can’t complain about other basic stuff that isn’t implemented?

Basic fx like contrails, water fx, smoke, fire, aren’t hard to implement. These are very basic features that allready are in flight simming for a looooooong time.

This feautures missing, toghether with no replay camera (so many month’s after release) is just a sign to show us in how bad shape this simulator is released.

Yes basic flight stuff like autopilot, flight controls (airliners), flight planning, aicraft systems etc etc are essential for a good flight sim.

But that doesn’t mean basic ‘eye candy’ that isn’t actually eye candy because it’s to basic to be called like that, isn’t something that can wait untill a few more years.

2 Likes

Developing a game like this or any similar project involves different teams. Teams focused on core mechanics come from different backgrounds compared with the VFX team creating the effects. People should understand that you can’t put developers in different tasks that what they are trained for. you can’t have fx artists programming tools or coders painting textures…So the fact that they are working on core elements and “eye candy” (I really don’t like that term, it’s inmmersion, not eye candy) is not incompatible.