Pay on xbox/Free on PC?

How is it possible that certain add-ons are free for PC users while xbox users have to pay for them? Planes, airports, liveries etc.??
Can’t imagine that people are aware of this and are not complaining at the very least. I would really appreciate an official explanation for this outrage.

1 Like

Have you any examples of such? I can’t see any.

1 Like

The magister plane released a few days ago is free on PC but there are more like airports.

The actual sim store, Marketplace, is identical save for some items currently only on PC which folks have been aware of for months and again, is up to the third party developer to make it available on Xbox as well. Nothing to do with Microsoft or Asobo.

External community mods that are not official items in the MSFS Marketplace store are also available but those again are external mods and unofficial. Microsoft and Asobo do not control whether a third party puts their content on the sim marketplace or only distributed it via external websites to be placed in the community folder.

Seems like you’re either very much confused as to what the official storefront is vs unofficial addon sites on PC, or how marketplace works. It’s third party devs that make the content and is entirely up to them if they make it available for Xbox.

And for what its worth, if you took one search of the forum you’d see about a thousand thread just like this. Probably best to contribute in one of the existing ones so they get more attention than cluttering up more space with the same kind of post.

Cheers

3 Likes

do mean the airbus liveries on xbox fs2020 marketplace? while there are hundreds of free airbus liveries you can find on websites like flightsim.to. plus thousands of free airports and addons. Thats because xbox doesnt allow a community folder because for security reasons its a closed system. Hope this explains things. You are not getting ripped off, in fact if you also run fs2020 on both platforms xbox and pc what you buy in one in game marketplace is available as OWNED on the other platform. and free to download…

Because MS gave away that X-Box at below manufacturing cost, and is making up the difference+ by making the only option to get additional MSFS apps onto the X-Box, is to purchase them from the MS-STore.

Think Inkjet printers !!! They almost give away the printers, that lock you into buying their overly expensive INK !!

1 Like

You’re not wrong there. My nice HP laserjet was what £300, but the toner cartridges are £90 a pop.

No, if you read my post I am only talking about add-ons that are on the marketplace. I know about the free stuff, the incompatibility issues, the architecture of xbox, safety protocols and all of that.
Simple question is why you have to pay on xbox for something that is free on PC. If you are unaware of this then you can’t answer the question.

Seriously? You’re joking right? About comparing it to ink? Ink?

Yoy need game pass only and what you get for that is much more than anyone who doesn’t have it could possibly know. Yet mostly people who don’t know anything about game pass and xbox comment on it the most.

‘consumables’ yes it is a good analogy. The XBox business model is to flood the market with great value hardware and recoup costs on consumables and subscriptions. Windows itself is now a free service with money recouped on consumables via the windows store. Content is the revenue generator. I suspect freeware available via the store on both xbox and PC will be very limited. freeware is only widespread on PC because of open community folder and some fantastic community content producers.

If you are into games then game pass is fantastic. I only play FS so it isn’t. The point I’m making is multiplayer on PC doesn’t require a subscription, on XBox it does.

1 Like

AzurPoly’s Fouga Magister CM17o aicraft is not free on PC, that’s just plain wrong.
Sorry, mate.
The price is the same.

No argument there. There are great content creators. There will always be a difference between xbox and PC which is ok as long as the content that is offered for both platforms is equal in quality and price. PC users will always need to feel like the “elite” with their mods and whatever there is to make them feel special. No problem at all with them having everything they want to keep them happy.

Look it up on YouTube

There was a freeware version of this plane by Restauravia (different dev?), I have it. I have no idea how it differs from the payware version by another dev…

“PC needs nothing” comment of the decade by the way😂

you are confusing it with a freeware mod by http://restauravia.fr/

1 Like

I’m sorry but please don’t tar all PC users with the same brush. I take exception to someone telling me I’m elitist because I run the game on a PC. I have absolutely no problem with people using this sim on whatever platform they choose. I take your original point but please dial down the outrage.

4 Likes

I’m not confusing anything. I don’t know anything about freeware and developers of freeware, don’t care. I just asked a question that you can not answer, wasn’t addressed to gamers at all. Various reviewers know about this as well so let someone who actually does know reply. Won’t happen though…