Payware Bell47G By FlyInside Available now

My time estimates are historically terrible, but we’re trying to launch this before the end of May, somewhere around $30.

7 Likes

Bruh I’ll pay the 30 bucks to be able to stop using the drone camera as a psuedo heli to check out sceneries :smiley:

Currently using the Alpha yoke, rudder pedals and CH products’ throttle quadrants. Also got the thrustmaster warthog hotas set. Please could anyone tell me if I need anything else for better immersion when this heli comes out?

3 Likes

this is really impressive news. I think a lot of folks are going to be very interested in how your helicopter and flight model perform, obviously

1 Like

In the words of Adam Savage “I reject your flight model, and substitute my own!”

5 Likes

This news is massive. Hope you will license your helicopter flight model also to others!

Definitely!

If I remember correctly the TM Warthog set offers the possibility to remove the stick centering springs? If that’s correct you should go for it. Or at least purchase another joystick like the T16000m and remove the spring there. Do the same with your pedals. That’s the best way to go for helicopter controls.

1 Like

The one thing to consider with this particularly is the throttle management since it originally didn’t have a governor, you need to make adjustments to the throttle to compensate. I too have a Warthog and with the S300 for X-Plane, which also has no governor,I mapped one of the throttle levers to collective and the other to throttle, which works well enough to be able to adjust throttle and collective together.

1 Like

For this model we have both an ungoverned and governed option. Obviously governed is a less realistic experience, but without a proper collective+twist-grip (which most people don’t have), manual throttle on a heli can be pretty painful, hence why we are offering both.

3 Likes

Will be nice if your flight model support a trim/trim-release button on cyclic.
To help people with springs on joysticks and to reproduce some real helicopters feature.

And that’s a great compromise. The S300 for XP does this as well, though I usually opted for the manual throttle

So happy to hear the news, thanks for the hard work to get this out. Looking forward to purchasing.

That’s a really good idea

Greetings!

I’ve been finishing up the Flight Model development for the FlyInside Bell 47 for FS2020 with Dan and Tony (I’m the “Rick M.” in the OP)

If anyone would like to see it in action before the official release I have been streaming demos of me flying it around various locations using twitch.tv. twitch.tv/rotorrick [follow for notifications of when!]

As a very high time commercial pilot with MANY hours in helicopters and having learned the basics in the Bell 47, myself and the team strive to create the most realistic experience possible. While you can enable lots of stabilization and governed throttle assists, you can fly it fully manual and really feel what it’s like.

I look forward to the release of this helicopter and many more afterwards! You will be pleased. I know I am!

RotorRick

12 Likes

Oh boy, this will be a beauty, I can feel it in my bones.

Soo-icide is painless, it brings on many changes,

…and I can take or leave it if I please…

1 Like

Have you guys considered contacting Microsoft to license your helicopter flight model? If the flight model is really good I am sure MS would definitely be interested in it.

That’s really amazing! Does it mean running a separate program to get the flight model like some of those maps outside the sim or is it actually integrated with no additional software required?

No additional software, you just load the helicopter normally within MSFS :+1:

1 Like

I am sorry to be likely the only pooper on this parade, but I am not all that thrilled. While I’d LOVE a helicopter in MSFS, they just aren’t properly supported right now, so anything that comes out before the official support is built-in is gonna be a bit of a hack. I know a ton of people are excited to fly them, but when the helicopter support comes, this thing’s model will need to be redone again otherwise it runs a risk of being the red-headed stepchild that doesn’t do a proper helicopter simulation once other developers start releasing properly simulated helicopters. That’s my take.

2 Likes

It’s a fair point, but the ‘hacked’ H135 is already close to being as good as any FSX helicopter, and who’s to say that the MSFS flight model will be any better than the FFS one? The FFS guys have put a lot of work into their flight model and it shows. Personally I’d rather have a ‘hacked chopper’ (or even a chopped hacker) now and wait for it to get better, than no helicopter at all and have to wait another year for them to get even v1.0 into the sim.

3 Likes