PC aircraft liveries to Xbox aircraft liveries question

Hello,
We would like to be able to grant our xbox users access to our community painted aircraft liveries, I understand from what xbox users from our discord have told me that this is only possible via the market place (to buy or select and install liveries)
I would love some more information about repainting xbox aircraft to see how simple or complicated the switch over would be (getting the pc liveries compatible for the xbox liveries, eg default cessna etc)

Any information would be greatly appricated,
Neon

Hi there,
I had to move your post. The Marketplace Feedback category is more for giving feedback on the Marketplace, not for questions.

The SDK category is not really a great place for this question, either, but I put it into this category, anyway, because you asked about livery compatibility with Xbox.

You don’t have to alter anything to get your liveries on Xbox. But you do have to apply to be a Marketplace partner. And you can do that here.

I will caution you on two things, though:

1. The Marketplace partner application can sometimes take a very long time. So be sure to do it as soon as possible!
  2. I don’t know if you make payware or freeware liveries, but right now, the Marketplace is really mostly selling payware. They hope to do freeware some day, but they have a team that reviews everything (for compatibility and CTDs, etc) before putting it live in the Marketplace. And that team does not have the capacity for freeware at the moment. So if you only do freeware liveries, you might not be able to put them on the Marketplace at this time. Just a heads up!
1 Like

Just thinking out loud, here…

If someone wanted to place their work on the Marketplace for free, can they charge a buck for it or something? How are prices determined?

I have no more contact with the Marketplace team than anyone else does, so I can only guess. I think that developers are allowed to set their own prices, but I don’t know if there is a minimum price or any other guidelines that they need to follow.

Interesting that even this type of info seems a challenge to get. :thinking:

So if I understand correctly console players will have to pay what is free on pc, this seems to me to be another good proof of progress in 2022 shareholders must scramble to enter it make sure they don’t hurt themselves they might risk increase their shares