PC - CTD both Safe Mode and Normal Location Specific (Washington DC Mall)

I am not a Beta tester for MSFS, nor did I sign up to test the Reno addition.

I have however, seen a few Videos, and Twitch streams of the Beta Reno, and it looks very “Impressive”

Actually, annoyingly TOO Impressive.

It looks like a lot of time and effort has gone into adding this Reno content, and I understand why – KEEP SALES UP, and it is evident looking at MSFS over the past 5 months, that this has been a long term plan.

But most likely, at the expenses of fixing so many of the basic, fundamental flaws in MSFS, which have increased over SU updates, as more and move is ADDED to MSFS, without fixing the fundamentals.

Given that MSFS exists primarily to make money for MSFS & Its shareholders, despite all the PR assurance, that Flight Simmers are so important, it just seems a shame that in order to feed the big marketing machine, so little appears to be directed towards fixing the basics in MSFS.

The fixing CTDs, LOD issues and other basic issues, will be interesting to watch, as they seem to take a lower priority to Building more on top of , what seems to be a very unsound and unstable foundation.

I just hope, the whole “House of Cards” does not come tumbling down, after so much time and effort has been spent on it, by both Developers, and Users.

2 Likes

Make sure to file a zendesk. The more people the higher it starts getting prioritized. Hopefully they can push the update as a hotfix before SU7 if not for SU7. I can avoid the DC area for a while. I haven’t had the issue anywhere else flying in EU, US, and Central America

I got another couple ctd’s flying out of one of the Marketplace addon airports CNC4 Guelph. Also same with DC addon. These were purchased a few days ago after the update.
Suspicious that ctds are from only these adds.
I’ll try removing them and see if it’s any better.

I am also experiencing CTD every time I get near KCGS. I like to fly from KBWI to KDCA and always experience CTD approaching KCGS. I tried to set KCGS as my starting airport, but had a CTD during the loading screen. Shame, I have been to air shows at KCGS and wanted to explore the region.

I am using Windows 10 64 bit latest version, 32 gb memory, Zotac 1080 video card, MS2020 Premium edition, current NVIDIA drivers.

I kept CTD flying from KLGA or KACY to KDCA. I removed some recently installed apps-same thing. Removed addons-same thing. I reinstalled MSFS-same thing. Tried taking off from KDCA and CTD before it even loaded.

Out of curiosity, I tried flying in other locations and they are just fine. Then I started Googling and found this thread. Hard to believe this is a thing, but I can confirm that DC is a no fly zone right now. Hours wasted trying to diagnose this… hopefully they will fix soon.

Since the latest Microsoft update 1.20.6.0, I have not been able to fly within 2 miles of KADW (Andrews AFB) without a CTD. It will immediately CTD if I load KADW as the departure. Has nothing to do with add ons because It happens with an empty community folder. I even tried reinstall of MSFS and not installing the latest USA update from my Profile. Same thing; CTD.
However, I can takeoff from KDCA without CTD, but if I turn towards KADW, immediate CTD.
I’ve never had this problem before the update. I hope they can fix this soon because the DC area is my favorite area to fly!!

2 Likes

Cannot load into KDCA AT ALL at the moment. CTD during the loading screen.

Since the release if MSFS I have been running with no problems at all other than the bugs that Asobo have corrected. I have had everything running on ULTRA. Since release 5 I have been getting numerous CTDs. With the release of update 6 my sim has been impossible to fly without CTDs every flight. I have tried everything from deleting community folder and all my addons to complete reinstall, with no success. I then lowered my graphics from ULTRA to HIgh End with only clouds set to ULTRA and hey bingo everything works fine and smooth with no CDTs for 5 days. I have reinstalled all my addons and everything is fine. Happy days. There must be a change in MSFS in the way it handles graphics at least in my case, because I have a high end system and it has been running with no CTDs before update 5. I have made no other changes other than this. I hope this might be helpful, or am I just lucky.

As you mentioned, lowering the graphic settings might be helpful. But, the issue is location specifec.
Have you tried to fly around Washington DC area?

No I will try that later. I have only tried all over Europe and around Greece. I did find that a couple of Marketplace airports failed but was OK when I uninstalled them and flew to the same generic airport, such as Southend and Brussels. So I assumed they haven’t been updated.

Lowering the LOD will NOT eliminate the CTD in this area, but as the rendering distance gets lowered, you can fly nearer to the point it will CTD. So, lowering the LOD-Radius is not a fix. As EVERYONE can reproduce this CTD, there is something wrong in the scenery or data that needs to be fixed from Asobo.

1 Like

@HXArdito Yes, That is what I want to say. I agree. Thank you.
The issue of this post is not related to the graphic settings or LOD but it is related to the specific area causing CTD. So, Asobo need to make hot fix before SU7.

The issue is somewhere in the RED DOT

The outer FP circle is the closest you can get to that center, with a Scenery LOD as low as 25, @ 2000ft

KADW-Clear_Zone

2 Likes

Flew all round Washington no CTDs. Tried to fly from KDCA to KADW CTD on loading flight. I don’t usually fly America but having no problems round Europe

A temporary solution was just identified by deleting or renaming: bldo010.cgl to bldo010.cglbakup

We did an investigation on this thread:

Asobo, please investigate.

There are several locations of bldo010.cgl
Could you please specify which directory the DC area one refers to?

Mod edit: Temporary work around for this issue
(Note it is best to always back up core sim files before changing them and try to remember to restore them to their original state prior to any updates to the sim)

go to folder

Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-cgl\CGL\032

and remove file bldo010.cgl or rename it to say bldo010.cg.bu

3 Likes

Found it. But couldn’t hurt having the path here as well. Thanks!

Been dealing with support for three days with this, and have been sent on several wild goose chases–all having to do with imaginary things ‘wrong’ on my PC, rather than what I said up front to them which was, “Your program is bugged, here’s how to reproduce it.”

Did you add this to your zendesk ticket??

I did indeed!