PC - CTD both Safe Mode and Normal Location Specific (Washington DC Mall)

It extends further north as well, CTD at Fort Meade MD(Tipton Airport) just south of KBWI. Same issue CTD on loading or flying within a couple of miles of the location.

Same problem, same solution. The radius of the 0ffending area, depends on your Scenery LOD settings, ā€“ the Higher the setting, the bigger the area.

Asobo claim it is fixed for SU7, out in a few days.

Lets hope. I live in the Baltimore /DC Metro so I fly around the area a lot.

Iā€™m glad I found this thread. I could not figure out why I kept getting CTDā€™s in this area!

1 Like

I did not see this thread but was kindly referred to it by help desk and my KDCA issues are now OK after re-naming the file mentioned above.

1 Like

A simple Forum search on ā€œKDCA CTDā€ would have brought you to the right place, far quicker than the ā€œHelp Deskā€ ā€¦ :+1:

KDCA-CTD

1 Like

It isnā€™t just the DC area either. Itā€™s other areas but the DC area is a common one.

darn right, i am having crashes now all of a sudden, they admitted itā€™s on their end. It never ends

Yes exactly, i had DC crashes, then for kicks tried Sacramento CA, and coming in for a landing, the same CTD I think itā€™s an airport problem.

Thereā€™s at least a workaround for the DC problem. Itā€™s in this thread.

I need them to fix Themis as Iā€™ve been enjoying the sim since it seems theyā€™ve fixed the major crashing issues on Xbox.

Iā€™m sorta nervous to upgrade to Su7. After SU6 settled it seemed to fix the issues on the console end. And I carry my console with me when I travel. Hopefully it doesnā€™t break the console version again :sob:

This bug seems to have been fixed with the latest update.

3 Likes

A couple of weeks ago, was vectored by ATC (Vatsim) over Washington, DC. Instant CTD when I was over the city. When someone I was flying with told the controller I had a crash, he asked if I was flying MSFS. Stated that everyone who flying over Washington in MSFS tends to have a CTD if they go near Andrews AFB.

The issue specifically reported in this thread appears to be solved now since SU7.

1 Like

It has been almost 2 weeks since since I posted that this issue appears to be solved on the live build (and my own personal experiences are that it is solved.)

There have been no comments in the interim challenging this assessment.

In order to return votes to those that used them in this thread and to prevent any further new issues being confused with this original issue, I am going to close this thread for now.

I am really glad the issue is sorted :grin:

4 Likes