PC - Sim Update 8 - Stutter with addons

Try doing a test in developer mode; see if it helps.

Exactly. This is not hardware, mod or SIM configuration. It was definitely already in beta and came to the final version.

I had the stutter today for the very first time since installing SU8. Thought I’d take the Bucker Jungmann from Sydney to Katoomba, and at first the stuttering started as soon as I switched into VR mode, then it was just persistent. After rebooting and several unplugging/repluggings of VR (which normally fixes it for me), I changed to a different flight: The 152 Aerobat out of Montgomery Field in San Diego (I even installed the custom scenery there). Not a stutter in sight. Flew all the way to Mexico, did a few nice circles, touch and go at Brown Field then back to Montgomery for a sweet crosswind landing. No stutters. What gives with this? I experienced something similar a few weeks ago and it only happened in AU for me. Could it possibly be due to bandwidth per region (e.g. more people are in AU at the moment?) Just wanted to relate my really weird and inconsistent experience. And gratitude for a real nice flight in the Aerobat just now :slight_smile:

RTX3090 64gb stuttering? this is Impossible. I have RTX3090 Superrim and no shuttering. Are you sure you have a RTX3090??

I have the same thing and I get lots of stuttering: RTX 3090, I9-12900KF, 64GB DDR 5 4400MHz, etc. Go figure! I fly FBW A320, have AIG Traffic, Navigraph, and FS Realistic, none of which seem to be responsible for the stutters (except may be FBW), as I have run the sim without them and I still have stutters.

I had the same problem after SU8 and this is what I used.

1 Like

In my case performance issues has solved deleting the new Toolbar pushback 1.4 .
Is a great add on but needs a fix.

My problem is that after landing at the destination airport, the frames go down by about 15 frames and it starts to stutter.I start depending on the airport and environment about 50-60 FPS and at the destination I have only about 40. Not that I’m upset about the 40 frames, but it stutters. It does not matter whether addons are active or not, live traffic and weather on or off and it also does not matter with which machine I fly. Temperatures and the utilization of CPU, GPU and Ram is also fine. I fly mostly in the European area, but I will fly today times test in the USA.
My hardware: I7 12700k, RTX2070ti, 32 GB DDR4 3600 RAM.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

Any add-ons (mods) installed?

I disable all my add-ons with the MSFS Addons Linker.

this is not a mod problem I have this problem since weeks too since update 8 and tried everything. in safe mode, no mods, xml.content deleted, cache memory deleted and in the end I ordered a computer guy and he also didnt find something on computer so its an Asobo Problem. I would like to have my whole money back its unplayable this simulator

5 Likes

I had this problem before from time to time. I had shortly before the release of the SU8 still some VFR flights and there I could not determine this problem and was also quite happy with it. after SU8 the whole spectacle started again from the beginning. Fortunately I have two different PCs at home and the problem occurs with both systems. I don’t understand it anymore and it makes me a bit angry.

1 Like

I re-installed windows 10 and the sim. The stutters are still there :scream:

1 Like

Just I did a test flight with CRJ. parked at the gate in LEMD, lags and stutters when paning around. So I decided slow down the terrain level of detail TLOD from 200 to 100 and I had no single Stutter in the whole flight, even when taxing and panning around it was so smooth with constant 33 fps.

Toolback pushbak: NO
Navigraph in game panel NO ( I have it in may tablet)
Volanta: yes
Vatsim : No

Now I’m gonna try with FBW A32nX and Vatsim with the AIG models to see how it works.

EDIT: Now seems like CPU killer is TLOD, Is hard to return to half terrain quality and see blurred fields in the distance again. :woozy_face:

Guys, something that really worked for me based on other’s advise was to leave Nvidia settings global (except the power which I changed to maximum performance) and in the Sim itself select Vsync and 30 FPS! It made a huge difference! The stutters are pretty much gone and the game runs like butter (well, almost)! Check it out! Hope it works for you all.

I only fly FBW A320 and have:
Navigraph,
AIG,
FSrealistic
SLC

No pushback toolbar since that causes CTD for me.

With the dev mode workaround I reduced the stutter (and got rid of the white loading circle). But I still I have freezes when approaching an airport, landing and taxiing. There is something wrong with SU8.
No Toolbar Pushback.
But Simple Traffic and FSUIPC.
live weather active
live traffic active

you still have addons then, try totally without.

1 Like

Exactly same here, even slowing down the TLOD to 100 ,( now is really smooh even in detailed sceneries) still having 3 second pauses on aproach to the airports
Some changes have been made in the CPU / GPU balance in SU8.
This It’s crazy man.

No toolbar pushback
No navigraph ingame charts
Latest FBW A320 dev.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone can help me understand this situation from the video I linked. I am pulling my hair out with it!

Pre-SU8 everything was running really smoothly. Now, in some areas, not all, I am getting intermittent stuttering. Not really dense city areas but it IS when there is auotgen buildings somewhere nearby. I am using the Powerlines + Solar Farms mod (seen someone said them being spawned and despawned was causing similar issue for them) but even with all my mods disables it does this.

Strange thing is the RED warning on the top block of the dev tool, goes solid red when it’s not CPU Limited. The CPU Limited HARDLY comes up but I still get red spikes on the top block. What is that?

At the ond of the video its doing that simply by direction I am facing but doesn’t seem to stutter. In the air though, it’s constant when I’m in an area that causes it and it’s kind of unflyable. I have tried all kinds of settings. tLoD is down at 20(!) an oLoD is 30. Previously I had stable and smooth with 50 and 100 (I don’t have super powerful CPU but as I say, pre-SU8 it was all fine).

I noticed since SU8 that using Slew mode is very jerky. Before, I could go at great speed and it streamed in terrain a lot more smooth and consistent. The pausing is VERY similar to what I get in normal flight - could it be internet speed related? (I have 1gbps down). Maybe the WiFi signal isn’t great where I am but I did speediest and it says it’s consistent 80mbps even with the distance to router in my game room.

I was getting the spinning wheel in some areas for a bout a minute. But it did settle down. Now most recent 2 flights I didn’t see it at all - Ah, probably as I was in Dev mode. Something is screwy for sure with this Update.

Any tips would be GREATLY APPRECIATED - not sure what to try next to make it nice again! :frowning:

This is interesting and sound awesome!

Can you provide us a screenshot of your Nvidia settings and Ingame Graphic settings but also what’s your computer config? Thanks