PC - Sim Update 8 - Stutter with addons

Hi and thanks for your post.

No mesh mods are installed on my system.
I need to check all the rest and I confirm FS2020 is set to high performance here as well. I’ll check this out.

Thanks!

My TPM is correctly set to hardware and not AMD CPU fTPM.
There is definitely something wrong on Win 11 side as the version I use is the Insider Beta Build 22581.ni.
I also updated some weeks ago the BIOS of my MB which is an Aorus Master X570 and the one I use now is the F35. Due to this update I’ve noticed some slow down on CPU performance so maybe is a group of things happening and produce the stuttering now. I am still testing some things and try to understand what’s going on.

Thanks for helping!

Could it be the Win11 the reason of this issue?

Well I am an insider and decided to go to release preview instead of staying on beta in windows 11 as dev and beta are both on the same channel now

Didn’t want anymore bugs although previously was on beta and didn’t have too many stutter issues so something to consider what build you want to use

Just my two cents worth

I tried everything, the stuttering and black areas when I pan my head in VE mode are still there. It’s so strange, I get 40/45 fps in VR and here and then is stutters. In Desktop mode is smooth no many issues and FPS are high.

I’ll wait for an updated BIOS + Win 11 future updates and we will see.

Yes exactly and you did well! I’ll see if I can do the same as well.

1 Like

Thanks, hope it goes well for you too :grinning:

1 Like

Ok folks, this is a **** in the ***. The dev team verify the updates before to push to release? omg… I can’t event play. I was thinking yesterday the problem was a addon, I removed and this is terrebly bad…

I flight with a 3080ti, 32 gb ram, ssd… so its not hardware problem.
Every 10-15 secods the sim goes to 1 or 2 fps then recover to 35/50 fps.

Its the World Update VIII wrost than SU5? Idk but have the same problems, they don’t test anything… (I’m software engineer, I know what I’m talking about)

Your ms is way too high, should be below 32ms, what LOD are you using I’ve go mine set 180 terrain LOD and 100 object LOD and using native resolution on my 1440 monitor in game settings 100 , with that and a mixture of ultra and high settings on my 10700 k and 2080 super I get a smooth 35 fps capped in rivatuner

What are you running yours at?

Your GPU is irrelevant I’m afraid.

You are very clearly being badly limited by your CPU. You could have two 3090’s in there and it would make no difference.

I was touching a lot of config settings before taking the screnshot, so could be that.
But before touching anything the performance was the same. I will check again with your config btw.

1 Like

I’m using Ryzen 7 3700x, its not the best but not the worst. And I check about bottleneck and its fine I think.

lol you obviously do not know that much, a lot of people do not have theses issues.

Hello, same problem for me more noticeable in area with mesh or scenery … I didn’t play MSFS 3 months decided to come back to fly a bit … and came in this ■■■■ …

Some things didn’t changes in months … come on Asobo and microsoft.

RTX3070 last driver, AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, Asus B550F windows 11 last update.

Flying in switzerland with fsdtreamteam mesh 10m

EDIT : removing the mesh correct the problem …

1 Like

I was exploring the new Iberia World Update yesterday for the first time. At first it was working great, the scenery was beautiful and everything was running very smoothly. After an hour or two I started getting errors saying that my bandwidth was too slow and that my connection speed was to slow to download the photogrammetry scenery despite my having a high speed fiber optic network connection and being directly connected to the network with a hard wired CAT5 network connection. I ignored the errors and a minute later the display rate dropped dramatically. Everything began stuttering so much that I could no longer fly the aircraft, 3 or 4 frames per second. I had to exit out of the program. I have never had this problem before. I almost wonder if maybe there was a memory leak that was introduced in the last update. I haven’t had a chance to run the program again to see if the issue repeats itself.

1 Like

I just tried my setup with NZ and Iceland (not Alaska) and found that NZ was totally smooth and fine. Iceland had mild stutters but flyable.

Those are Orbx products.

So as I can tell (on my hardware) the bad one was the Switzerland mesh for me - that was Superbad. As noted by others, remove it solves the worst stutters. I’m keeping NZ and Iceland installed though.

1 Like

All bios out did not fix my fTPM issue when you have some random freeze which your mouse freeze and audio as well, all at the same time. I bought the ASUS TPM Hardware Module for my Asus X570 Hero and the random freeze is totally gone for me.

Now in-game I’ve seen some improvement, played a bit with the graphic settings without losing quality and so far so good for now!

The fact is that before the last Win 11 update in the Insiders channel, I had no problems at all. As I wrote, I’ve installed a TPM hardware module which didn’t resolve anything at the end. In Desktop mode everything seems fine, in VR mode is where I have the heavy stuttering issues. FYI, on Christmas I’ve decided to move from the Win 11 Beta channel to the Dev one and I had the same bug/defect. Once I’ve installed everything from scratch and move to the Beta everything was smooth till 2 days ago where the new update came out and now I am having the same issues like I had during Christmas.

Let’s hope a fix will come out soon…

Hello again, excuse me for insisting on this but I am doing some tests and I am trying to understand what’s going on.
I’ve uploaded here an image where shows clearly the problem where it seems that a process named “Desktop Window Management” in Italian “Gestione Finestre Desktop” is using too many GPU 3D resources when my HP Reverb is connected at the PC. I am not even in VR mode during the video. At this point I was having 5fps, then once in FS2020 in VR mode the frames go up to the normal level 45fps but every time I move my head from left to right big stutters and black screens appear. All this started happening since I did the last Win 11 update Build 22581.ni_release.220318-1623.

I am not sure this process is normal to be so high!

I’m curious that in this topic a lot of people have the same issue, but ok.