PC simmers should mourn the passing of MSFS 2020

I don’t understand the doom and gloom in this post. Further optimizations allow lower-end and mid-tier computers to the run this sim at a respectable performance. A very small user base of MSFS is running top-tier systems and the vast majority are not running 3090s or 3080s. Are we really complaining opening acceptable performance to lower-end PC users is the death of this game?

I have a 3090 and a Ryzen 5950X, and I absolutely encourage additional performance optimizations, even if it means some tradeoffs. Those same optimizations also help my system, as MSFS2020 post-SU5 can still bring my rig to its knees at certain settings (running with LOD=6 for example). It’s only been a month since SU5 was released, and Asobo has already responded to the complaints by including the new offscreen caching option for PC users. Let them continue development before “mourning the passing.”

3 Likes

100% this!

3 Likes

Im starting to wonder how much internet connection speeds play in framerates. Ive been going up and down even though I pay for fast internet. Some days the sim is lightning fast, and other days it isn’t.

Some great posts today, and this is right up there. Well said

What a load of rubbish.

Seems working fine on my PC. Currently it’s much better than a year ago.

To be fair, the Xbox is a fine platform. I don’t regret ditching my last PC over a decade ago (for all the fights I used to have with software, configuration issues, drivers, etc).

(and isn’t the OP a tad melodramatic? :thinking: )

1 Like

Think the wife found the GPU receipt when doing the laundry :joy:

1 Like

Personally, I think PC simmers should mourn the passing of some… live
and let live common sense.

1 Like

Running great for me. Very happy with the sim so far in its development.

This topic has ran it’s course with off-topic, flags and attacks on others. Closing topic.