People are Upset, MS/Asobo needs to address this

This place would be better if you (and others) would stop pretending to be some spokesman of the community. Feel free to voice your opinion (even if there are other threads with the same topic to be used) but stop trying to make it as you speak for some kind of majority.

2 Likes

As opposed to the millions of customers…MSFS is flat across every metric I’ve seen so far outside of this forum.

Now with all that said I am very much enjoying what WU6 has brought. I’ve had no crashes, no download issues (in fact this was the fastest update by miles, at least this year), performance is great, and I am not at all upset.

It’s unfortunate regarding the many bugs we face, but I am content with what we have, rather than getting angry, and upset over what we don’t.

Each persons tolerance level for frustration will differ, and its sad to see that in recent months there are more, and more posters who let this boil over into the forums, which is totally unwarranted. As long as those posts are offering constructive feedback that’s fine, but they very often aren’t, and lead to more work being generated for the moderators.

2 Likes

And yet, I have more than 50 hours in the cockpit between testing SU5 and since release. I have flown every stock aircraft at least for one flight.
Other than some issues with the lighting (too bright outside / too dark inside) and some altimeter/pressure problems, I would hardly say unplayable.

5 Likes

Are you speaking for the majority of users as a spokesperson? LOL

1 Like

Agreed, it is far from unplayable.

1 Like

That’s becuase yours is playable.

1 Like

It depends for each person. For me it’s unplayable due to not being able to see airplane lights on Vatsim planes. I only enjoy flying on Vatsim, and without lights it’s unplayable due to the fact that you are expected to be able to spot other planes in visual conditions. Without lights, it’s impossible. Too bad Asobo has made this a low priority as it’s been broken for 1.5 months and was not fixed with World Update 6.

2 Likes

You’re right but the inverse is also true. It’s not because most of the people who bought the game don’t leave review and just enjoy it (maybe without even seeing the issues) that the devs shouldn’t take into account what the minority has to say.
I’m working for a huge video game studio and we already worked on some Title Updates just because a few customers were unhappy. And we also sell millions.

You expect people griping on the internet to do math?

It’s easier to say the same thing in ten threads 20x and take that as an indication of the entire user base. (Jolly-natured sarcasm)

I do not how many people are upset and about what. But let’s be open to the idea that there are both genuine gripes and a confirmation bias echo chamber magnifying them.

2 Likes

Not defending, just pointing out:

As new features get released, there are more things to break. It might be the case that we are valuing features and bug correction at the same level, which may not be a fair comparison.

This thread is about to get closed with the same reassuring message as all the other similar ones before. Nothing will change.

1 Like

I’m not sure what a ‘discussion’ would serve. MS/A have the posts and bug reports.

The solution to upset is to resolve bugs and expand features. That’s the only meaningful solution and it already sits within MS/A’s power to do.

Because flight simmers haven’t been “upset” for decades. :joy::roll_eyes:

Many of us are fine and enjoying the game. And the developer and publisher have given their commitment to improve and to continue to invest in it. Demanding some kind of “truth and reconciliation” announcement is silly.

It’s a $100 game. Play it or don’t.

4 Likes

The argument being made is that somehow only a small minority of users are upset. I was pointing out that all the sources of actual data we have do not agree with that argument. As such, the OP is right in calling attention to the large number of users raising lots of posts lately, all expressing various levels of dissatisfaction.

Where, then, are the millions of 5 star reviews? A number in isolation is meaningless. What matter is that most of those reviews are negative.

I wish I could play it.

The flight sim community is very vibrant and passionate. There’s a lot of people who want FS2020 to succeed.

We all just need to have the MS/ASOBO team communicate with us. What do they need? How do we solve these issues together?

There are a lot of developers who come up with great stuff. If FS is a niche, no one would care… no?

Maybe you’re right. What measure are you using to determine the level of sentiment and what percent of users are upset?

1 Like

Hi all,

Thank you for the feedback about open and honest communication. Is is the goal of the entire team to be open and have frank conversations with the community. This is why we have monthly live Developer Q&As, for Jorg, Seb, and Martial to sit and chat with the community about the questions you have.

It has been unfortunate that there was no Dev Q&A in July due to timing and this past one, slated for Wednesday, is now postponed due to reasons outside of our control. The team is very anxious to also meet live in order to talk about all the sentiment and updates that have happened since then. We are looking for the the next date available to the four of us to get this Q&A scheduled.

I do not think it is fair to say there has been no communication since July, however. We provide weekly updates, and here in the forums respond and comment as much as possible on emerging issues and bugs. We are working on more and more ways to improve transparency that I’m excited to implement soon, and we now have a full community team to help in all areas of communication (socials, discord, forums, etc.).

I am quick to realize and admit there are certainly many bugs for the team to tackle, and some even since launch day that haven’t been solved. I’ve started to go through some of the older bugs to get updates for you, and @OlieTsubasa443 and I will have more time specifically to work on this now.

Thank you again for your comments. Since this has been addressed, I’ll be closing it out.

29 Likes