PEOPLE. Get a GRIP!

I remember when Asheron’s Call first came out. Not a sim of course but a platform MMO. Maaaan it was rough. Every time they patched / updated it you could expect up to 2 days of server issues and not being able to get in game.

A vocal minority don’t know they’re born :upside_down_face:

Haha i do, also remember this!

People acting like this is Windows ME

Right now this forum is pretty toxic, I do see that overtime as with the monthly updates coming that this will become less toxic. I read on a different thread that that XP forums are so professional and courteous. so why bring the toxicity here. I am really enjoying Microsoft Flight Simulator. Been out of flight sims for a while since starting out on FS2 from Sublogic on my C64 then having a break and returning this year to FSX and now MSFS. It is great and what I was waiting for.

2 Likes

Yep, loved the carrier landings, and that mission where you have to chase and shoot down the cruise missile.

1 Like

i loved f15 and falcon. and f117a and f19 and the list goes on and on. i had C64 then C128 then Amiga (several versions).

1 Like

I’m willing to give it a chance. The sim looks fantastic! But, it’s disappointing for me because I expect to be able to install and run the sim after paying my £59. I’m waiting on the patch before I can actually launch it and moan about anything else. :wink:

2 Likes

To be fair I think thats fair enough that you are a bit narked. I would be too. Lets hope the incoming patch sorts it out for you.

2 Likes

Let’s not make the assumption this technology is being developed only for Flight Simulator.

Your trying to speak for the masses.
I’ve been flying flight sims as far back as well.
Why justify any of your nonsense based on the past. Why justify your post saying it’s the “start” of a new generation. You must have inside knowledge. It can get killed off at will so it is what it is in the moment. Currently it is nothing more than a game. If it evolves in the future great. At the moment it’s a pretty crappy PC Game.

You shouldn’t believe everything you read. :wink:

3 Likes

I still have my F117A Demo 3 1/2 in floppy.
I lost the game, but someone managed to retain the demo disk. Don’t ask :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

OMG that’s amazing.

1 Like

I agree with you on everything. As a developer yourself you probably see the products being shipped might not be what they can be. Great features missing, significant bugs released etc. Key decisions are made normally by our managers, manager. Its at that level decisions are made and minimum viable products are schemed. What’s the least that can delivered to make a profit. So regrettably, now it’s more about the business profit and less about quality.

Exactly this, personally I don’t want any new features in the first or even second update, just fix the game up where it needs to be fixed, then do anything you want with the new features, content, etc.

4 Likes

“So instead of whining, go and enjoy what it has to offer today with anticipation that it will be even better tomorrow.”

Tell that to those that can’t install it, or…did it, but have constantly crashes. ¿How that suppose to work? ¿how to enjoy this? ¿do we enjoy crashes? ¿that has to offer?

Never is a great idea to tell people what to do or feel, specially when you are not putting on own perspective.

I need to remain sited until MS team fix the worst of all bugs or improvements that there is: crashes. ¿Does that seem a good reason to complain?

2 Likes

I can neither confirm nor deny that I believe this :rofl:

2 Likes

zendesk. Link at the top

he’s taking about the whiners who whine about the whiney things:

• Splash screens
  • The broken camera system that works brilliantly if you bother to find out how - just not in the same way as the camera system in my old flight sim and so by definition is broken
  • Press a key to continue, just because it’s annoying having to press a key
  • My favourite airport is missing so I’m going to uninstall this piece of trash
  • the trees at the end of my local runway are too high
  • this photogrammetry stuff is ■■■■ when I zoom in and look in the window of the buildings- shoddy work

Etc

That noise is hiding the real issues you are talking about . Fortunately MS have a brain and have realised this and these real issues are the focus of the forthcoming patch release. Guess what? They get abuse in this forum because they’ve not addressed my personal bug that I raised, how dare they!!

2 Likes

This product has targeted “gamers” in a good way I think but in doing so you will see a lot of whining and complaints that are usual for games in general. Lot of new and potential “simmers” are suddenly among us and most of them dont know what flying a small prop plane should even be like. I only hope msfs developers dont listen to much to “gamers” and start to nerf down the realistic flight behaviour I recognize in this sim.