Performance at the expense of visual quality

Thank you for the LA screenshots, the problem I have at the moment appears that although my settings are all at Ultra every time I start the simulator it goes back to medium (or high). I will check back on LA because I should be able to achieve the same results.

1 Like

You too mentioned “EVERYTHING is as shape as it was”… for you to make such a bold statement, i supposed you have many screenshots of everything in msfs before and after SU5 and across all type of terrains and regions to proof your statement huh?

You too mentioned “EVERYTHING is as shape as it was”… for you to make such a bold statement, i supposed you have many screenshots of everything in msfs before and after SU5 and across all type of terrains and regions to proof your statement huh?

I did? Can you quote my exact statement?

@Aeluwas

I have a screenshot too lol…dont get careless i know certain grp are trying very hard to defend the update and their idol at all cost ya! But pls try to comment honestly pls.

After the latest hotfix, performance isn`t so great unfortunately!

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t realize you meant sharp (there’s a typo in your post). The point is that having lower render scaling causes blur over everything except the UI, equally regardless of whether it’s scenery, glass cockpits, the plane, etc. There is no such blur on everything with 100 render scaling, so therefore, the claim that “100” render scaling is actually 80 is false.

Besides, I’m not really “defending the update”, rather trying to dismiss false claims.
There are many issues with the sim at the moment, such as the altitude/temperature bug, more CTDs (though I’ve had none in actual flight, only in menus), server overload issues causing occasional poor graphics quality (that is non-deterministic and varies with time).

1 Like

Right … my bad… so how is everything is as sharp as before SU5? So everything is as sharp as prior to SU5? Really…everything?

1 Like

You’re putting words in my mouth – or at least misinterpreting what I said.

The only thing I claimed is that the actual render resolution with render scaling 100 is the same as the output resolution. I did not claim anything about scenery detail, orthophoto resolution, etc. Only that there is no evidence whatsoever that the render scaling setting is a lie.

1 Like

Yeah… that ok… but avoid making such sweeping and casual statement… and made situation worst in all these debate about SU5 and some are saying no scenery downgrade but others are obviously experiencing scenery downgrade…

But why ?
You would be surprised at how many people run their personal computers on an unstable voltage, unreliable older wiring and installation or simply too much interference spread be it cables or other devices.
It might sound a bit crazy when I say it like I did, and it’s not that every third person’s system suffers that - but it is real trust me it is.

*there I edited it out the point is already there without the power socket thing…

1 Like

Fellow simmers,
I am happy to report that the hotfix 2 restored the graphics quality to where things used to be. No more shimmering in the scenery. Cockpit graphics seems to be back to the quality of SU4. In VR, menu still has a bit of jagged lines, but has not impacted the flight experience. The performance gain has reduced by a few fps but the sim is stutter free, and is able to maintain 38-40fps in most places (OXR80/TAA100) with high/ultra settings.

Thank you Asobo for listening to the feedback and responding in a timely manner.

1 Like

I am still seeing shimmering in distant buildings that I didn’t see prior to SU5, but overall, things have smoothed out considerably - no stuttering, and running about 48 FPS at Ultra settings.

2 Likes

Yes, slight shimmering is still there but hardly noticeable compared to pre-hotfix2. 60fps in 2D and 40fps in Reverb G2 is the performance I am happy settle for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.