Performance cost of moving addons (community folder) to slower HDD?

Hi,
I wondered has anyone recently tested if there is a performance cost to moving the addons folder to a large, slow HDD when compared to a fast SSD? The full game is currently installed on SSD. I am interested in in-game performance, I am not too concerned about an extra couple of seconds of loading time.
Thanks!

For what it’s worth, I run the game off an HDD and not SDD and don’t have any issues. Not to say you won’t, but touch wood its all good.
I have a 3060ti 12gb GPU , 64gb Ram, tuff gaming Mother board and a Ryzon 9 3900XT.

Just wondering whether you eventually tried this. I think I am approaching the situation where I need to move my community folder to a bigger drive and was not particularly concerned about loading times.

No I didn’t (I haven’t been playing as much recently, waiting in hope for some VR improvements!) but also interested to hear if anyone has tested this

I have my core sim on a a SSD and all addons and external programs on 2x2TB HDD in a RAID0 setup and notice no delay or anything out of the ordinary. Initial loadtimes are a bit longer, but could also be the shear ammount of addons (even though I use Addon Manager)

1 Like

I have the sim on a PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 SSD and all my addons on a HDD and it’s fine.