Performance Degradation with 1.14.5.0. Upgrade

same here. 30-50% performance loss with the last two updates. went from a mix of ultra and high setting with 30 fps in very busy areas (e.g. EDDF and other big ones) to stable 60fps outside of busy areas.

now i am on a mix of high to low, and yet i get around 15fps in the busy airports. the fun is gone for now.

I did not download any additional content and I still have performance issues. In fact, I gave it another try over the weekend. I flew the CJ4 from KBJC-KMKC and had the regular periods of low FPS and stutters, that would go away and then come back throughout the cruise. Upon descent and landing it was consistently bad with FPS as low as 3 FPS on final approach.

This game is unplayable in its current state.

2 Likes

Let’s kill this rumor before it spreads : I am severely affected by the bug and my i7 9700k does not even do hyperthreading. I guess your new test flight happened by chance in one of those places unaffected by the bug. Could you try landing at AYGA ? Or at any other place reported in this thread as a “bug area” ?

1 Like

Exactly. Can we at least get word that they are actively working on a fix and will get it out to customers as soon as possible? That’s all we are looking for.

You’ve got it, they’ve posted it here in this forum. Trying to decide on if a Hot Fix is going to be done or wait till the next release. Vote and Raise a ticket then we all get fixed quicker.

Can we get official comment regarding a hotfix? - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Flying into Logan using the TBM last night and started to get reduced fpm on the approach all the way down to 5 fpm. CPU and GPU were running like 15%. It never recovered, just kept getting lower and lower fps with the CPU and GPU doing next to nothing.

Today, no problem.

Asus G15
Ryzen 7 4800HS
GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
16gb RAM
No mods

1 Like

AYGA avarage 10 fps more than with 16 threads at the airport.

I dont know what the exact cause is…but I just went back this AM to LIRQ after rebooting to see if that helped at all. I spawned at the gate and then us the drone camera over the runway. Exactly same issue - basically complete stutters over the runway - as soon as I moved the drone back to the gate they went away. It would seem strange to be a memory issue if it occurs in the same spot - but who knows.

This one is the worst issue out of any of them from Asobo for me…I cant believe every update introduces an issue worst then the last. The “we are investigating” response isnt going to last long at this point.

3 Likes

Weird but interesting !

There is already more than 500 votes on the thread, so let’s hope they will react at some point …

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI GENE, Intel Core i9-9900K 3600MHz (boost 5000 MHz), ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING , DIMM1: Kingston HyperX 32G, Dell Alienware aw3420dw.

OMG, What, How?!

1 Like

BTW I wanted to add I am not buying another add on in the marketplace if it seems its a lottery if I am going to be able to use it once I buy it…I have at least 10 or 12 I wanted to get. Perhaps the outside developers who may see drops in revenue can put some pressure on as well…

3 Likes

My question is why is this issue not universal. A lot of people are not having this issue - the question is why not?

I stayed up into the wee hours (4am NFLD Time), as I wanted to see how it performed on unloaded servers. Asia had a ping going from 3ms to 6ms… off I go. Never has my flight loaded so fast (GPS map and vfr map instant 1st load). Super smooth like I’ve never seen right until I crossed a deadly FPS line. It didn’t however drop into 10s or single digits (As I normally do). It dropped into the 20s with micro stutters. Not saying its the servers. Not saying try different servers. I tried others and still ran into the same bad areas (Any flight I take crosses one at least every few mins)
So tired, so little gained

2 Likes

Wow, there’s a ton of extra chatter in this thread that isn’t helping identify the problem. A few of us established that 76T is a consistent problem area. We need more people to go try and report their experiences at 76T. This will help narrow down the issue. If there are people who don’t experiences massive performance drops in that area, we need to understand whats different about their setup vs our setup. I suspect this is not system dependent and that everyone will see a problem in this spot, but lets see.

Reminder of my pc specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X (12 core/24thread)
EVGA RTX 3080 (slight oc)
32GB Ram
Sabrent Rocket 4.0 Plus 1TB nvme (7000 read/write)

PLEASE GO TRY 76T and REPORT YOUR FINDINGS

Lets look at a few examples. In both cases, 1 or 2 of my cpu cores are pegged 100% and gpu utilization is super low (almost idling):

1. Global Render Quality “Low-End” at 1440p:
    Screen capture - 014b2261124149c80ce1555c131460fb - Gyazo

2. Global Render Quality “Ultra” at 1440p:
    Screen capture - 5ac91d6890e725fa242f118da9a2035f - Gyazo

3. Here’s me slewing around 76T, showing that there seems to be a precise boundary around the problem area where outside i’ll get 60fps but inside it’ll slam down to 10 with a few cores pegged and low gpu usage.
    Screen capture - 65a751767a0137570d3a893dd7ef3145 - Gyazo

5 Likes

I first noticed this issue after the update when flying around the metro NY area, where I flew out of FRG for real. Complete stutter and FPS drop followed by a short time of OK performance then again complete stutter and FPS drop. No issues with this area previously. Lowering settings has minimal effect. Spent too much time trying to find the right combination. I’m going to wait for the next fix / update before trying again. To all the community members who had the time and patience to provide details - thank you!

1 Like

All users not some, all user have big fps drops for example from 60 to 15fps.

8 Likes

Great suggestion ! That’s really a “worst case scenario” so far for me.

My Community folder is empty, I picked the stock Bonanza, default livery, Clear Skies, 76T runway 35, hit Fly : 2 fps (two) with a high-end PC before even getting into the plane.

2 Likes

I think we also need to identify other areas it happens (I noted Athens above) to see if there is a common feature between locations (airport nearby or building etc).

It’s happening all over the World. I have seen it in Europe, the US , Brazil…

1 Like