Performance Degradation with 1.14.5.0. Upgrade

Yes i have the issues too

the game is broken

i have a RX 6900XT and a Ryzen 9 5900X and 32gb RAM

1 Like

I have had some pretty severe performance issues since the last update (Never before), but this evening smooth as silk, even in VR on a G2. Nothing as far as I can tell has changed on my PC. Same drivers etc etc.

I9-9900K, 3090FE, 32Gb, SSD, 70Mb net connection.

Odd!

1 Like

Try these coordinates and report back

Will be curious to see whether they are two separate underlying issues, or the same core issue manifesting in two ways (hoping it’s the latter).

1 Like

I just went to these coordinates which were posted above: 33.270694, -97.426139

Sweet honey bbq! That’s the worst I’ve experienced yet. 1 or 2 FPS. Had to close the sim via Task Manager as I couldn’t even load the menu.

CPU: Intel i7 7700 4C8T
GFX: Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z170 G1 Gaming
DRIVES: 128GB Intenso SSD (OS), 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Sim drive).

2 Likes

Looks like there’s another official acknowledgement — at least a slight ray of hope here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/issue-performances-issues/379531

1 Like

Finally they’re communicating with us :sweat_smile:
In any way, there is nothing to do other than waiting, if a rollback was that simple, I’m sure they’d have done it by now.

1 Like

I remember well when they launched the Fs20 I had a 2070 and had an average of 40 fps in ultra 4K, then I switched to a 2080ti and went up to 55fps, now with i7 10700k + 3080 in that last update using the same setup I don’t get 40fps. It’s complicated.

1 Like

As someone once said

“The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one .”

4 Likes

Well at least there’s an easily reproduceable use case…76T is going to go down in infamy :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I can confirm that area is an FPS sinkhole. Also tried all settings to low end : no dice.

RTX 3080
3900X
32gb 3600mhz C16
X570 Aorus Master

1 Like

Try these coordinates and report back

That broke it :slight_smile:
2-3FPS CPU 25% GPU 7%

Awesome…not!

Don’t want to hijack, but take a look at my new topic “Maybe my problem is different” and see if any of you are also experiencing this behavior after the update?

I have just landed in Atlanta in a storm with crosswinds in the 787. This alone presents challenges in itself.

To have to do it at 11 FPS when its usually in the 40’s I was expecting an “Achievement” to pop up.

I paid £109 for the “usage” of this software.

“Usage” being the operative word…

2 Likes

Atlanta is awful no matter what- I lose 15fps just for loading up either variant of the airport, and even more as I taxi, land or depart. Same with LAX, it’s a disaster. Before the update it was barely tolerable, now it’s almost impossible to deal with.

2 Likes

What do you want to tell us? That there not enough threads going around where people are complaining about low FPS?

Yes. Thats exactly what I want to tell you.

4 Likes

Random jitters/flutters/stutters ANYWHERE I fly. They’re intermittent but persistent.

At KATL, KLAX and EGLL, my fps come to a crawl- especially at the south side of the airports. The entire area around LAX is also full of these jitters and stutters. EGLL approach into one of the 27s will start to go bad right around the stadium. Most of the time they recover, sometimes they don’t, but this happens at the worst-possible times.

Also get long pauses and flutters/stutters when airports load- no matter what kind they are, default or addon. These are DIFFERENT kinds of problems compared to the usual suspects when scenery loads in. Changing LOD doesn’t fix the problem. Changing other settings such as traffic, ai, texture res, display resolution doesn’t fix the problem. Lowering settings just makes problems come and go faster, but they’re still there.

I have an 8700k and 1080ti. I always had good, stable performance with the occasional slow-down at resource intensive places. However, now I’ve reduced all of my settings, downgraded resolution and render scaling, and performance is still a lot worse than before. Across all aircraft, across every flight.

1 Like

Who knew an airport in the middle of nowhere could be so useful :wink:

1 Like

Just here to line up with you guys. Same FPS drops in places all over the world.
All was very fine before Sim Update 3.
After nearly a week, I would expect more than a generic answer from the developer.
Also if they have problems to fix it. Every information is better than silence.

System is AMD Ryzen9 5900X, Nvidia RTX 2080 8Gb VRam, 32Gb RAM

6 Likes