Performance drop 15-20% after World Update 3 (1.13.16.0)

Same here. Flying around LAX and where I used to get 45-50+ FPS with not even micro stutters, it’s now literally impossible to fly around. We’re talking hang times of 1-2 seconds every few seconds.

I guess it’s the usual with Asobo. Need patches to fix the patches.

Yes. More micro stutters, even in simple aircraft and rural areas.

I had exactly the same experience and discovered that there appears to be performance leakage. I flew over the same area as you near Birmingham.
I have a 3090 and a 5900x and 32gb ram.
Flying in the x Cub Crafter, my in cockpit fps dropped from 48 down to 15fps. If I jump to external view it’s back at 48fps. As soon as I go back into cockpit it drops to 15. But then I touched the range knob on the GPS and my fps in cockpit jumped to 48fps again and then slowly started dropping off back to 15fps again. Play with thr range knob in the cub and see if you get a similar effect. It definitely is bringing my performance back up again (only for a couple of seconds). I also noticed that when my performance tanks, my cpu usage drops from 40% down to 13% and my gpu usage drops from 100% down to about 35%. This also shot up as soon as I fiddled with the range knob on the GPS. Asobo, please look into this? The above problem is in 2D. Also in VR my performance is much worse than before the update. I have a reverb G2 and now cannot hold 30fps where I could before. I’m at 23fps on average which is way too stuttery for vr. I have also noticed an introduction of micro stutters. What a mess!

1 Like

Same thing happens on Approach to KLGB airport runway 30, and seems to be bad East of airport and heading towards LAX/Compton after flying in from South.

Lots of freezes, was nice flying here before.

1 Like

freeze in france too 15-20 fps during 10 seconds then back to normal 50fps.

2 Likes

Definitely not a Radeon thing. I have 3080 and it’s been miserable to play the last 3 days.

1 Like

I messaged one of our community mods and he’s going to escalate to see what the issue might be. Fingers crossed.

Escalated the issue. To help reproduce if you all can post your computer specs and specific instances where performance drops. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have this going on at times over big cities and my CPU is also partly responsible An i7 7700 and 3080 is not necessarily a good pair.

Its not the best pair no. Currently saving up for a new CPU and motherboard. FS2020 sure is an expensive sim

I retried it today. My favorite city is Montreal. Now it is a giant stuttering mess. There seems to be less tearing with Vsync off but still unbearable. The dynamic cache does nothing since flying back the same area produce the same effect. And yes, the manual cache is still out of service.

I will quit playing until Asobo get their mojo back. Somebody screw up big with this “update - downgrade”.

1 Like

Would also recommend 850W PS.

For RTX 3070 650W is good enough.

Sure - speaking for a 3080. Recommended is 750 but I’ve found that a bit of extra is needed. Im on EVGA 3080, AMD 3900xt

Hey all – someone on one of the Facebook forums posted these tips to me… at first, I rolled me eyes (I thought I knew it all, lol) and yet I went ahead and did them… and guess what, my FPS has gotten much better and back to where it used to be.

I am still testing, but spawning in KDFW has gotten me back to about 25 fps (vs 5 yesterday). I also spawned into EGLL and have 25fps in A320… THANK YOU Chris Blackwell.

I am posting his tips below – use at your own discretion – hoping this will be a workaround fix for those of us who have seen major performance hits this week.

(my culprit – I checked my Windows 10 power settings and it got reverted to normal vs prefer maximum power - so I changed that immediately… I also did the NVIDIA options he suggests below and I think this helped, too. Plus turned off all Xbox Game Mode and Accelerated GPU as it just doesn’t seem to do anything. Also, for first time ever, I have Vsync in Nvidia Options on, whereas I have never used it before – no idea if this helps too)

Again, hope these help – I did not mess with step 1 – too complicated for my taste.

8 Likes

He means Task Manager in his final recommendation, not Control Panel.

1 Like

I thought/heard that any settings/changes in the Nvidia CP doesnt have any impact in the sim? Correct me if I’m wrong

@moxiejeff

If you want to see the same, and more, but illustrated… :slight_smile:

My 2070 SUPER 4K settings and suggestions - episode 2
My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestions (Index - SteamVR)
My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestion (Reverb G2 - WMR)

NB: the first in the list is due for a refresh I wanted to do with WU3, but given the state of the release, I’ll wait for SU3 instead.

2 Likes

Performance when using pop out instruments is dreadful compared to before the update. I can dip down to single digits now. Had to do some serious tweaking (lowering) of settings to maintain a usable frame rate on my Ryzen 2700X + RTX 2080.

2 Likes

No idea… but it worked for me

1 Like