Performance drop 15-20% after World Update 3 (1.13.16.0)

@moxiejeff, my issues are still unresolved. I’m in the process of removing all of my add-ons from the community folder as I think in my case that might be an issue. I noticed when I deleted mkvy’s EGGK - Gatwick package things were more like normal. I’m also going to install a mod manager in hopes of preventing issues in the future if all this works.

Yes!!! I think this could be it too. I’m no expert in this field, but I noticed my RAM was basically completely used up where previously I had a few to spare.

1 Like

Sorry friend. That is frustrating. I deleted the orbx London landmarks as it was conflicting with Asobo’s London stuff too.

Same here, down performance, FPS drop to very low and then come to normal and vice versa…Fix it please

I have been using the same settings as the face book post above, before this update I had really nice smooth sim and would get 45- 60+ FPS with 4K LG cx TV, 2080ti, i9-9900K. With this update I seem to have lost between 5-10 fps on average and more stutter , not sure what has changed but hope it will get fixed. :slightly_frowning_face:

Same here, things don’t feel smooth like it did before the update. I’m on a 10900K and RTX3080 and I’m getting bunch of micro stutters, its really disappointing… I’m also not a fan of having to turn on Vsync now with this new update, I don’t like whatever it is they did. It was fine before. I feel like its seriously dropping my frame rate. Cockpit view FPS have seriously tanked, switching to exterior views there’s a lot more FPS.

I really love the sim the way it was running before the update, it wasn’t perfect but it was MUCH better than it is now. Feels like a huge downgrade. I’m glad Asobo made such a beautiful sim but it seems like they’re just destroying it. I really hope it gets fixed. I spent a ton on my new PC for this sim, which is becoming unplayable.

1 Like

I found going here:
C:\Users%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt

I noticed some changes in this update SuperSampling was set to 2!?
I changed to 0 and also SSRaytracedShadows was set to Enabled.

I changed Super Samping to 0 and SSRaytracedShadows to Enabled 0.

This gave me 10fps back.
It also seems to have fixed for me that weird glow around everything, maybe something they changed?

Maybe worth a try for someone else?

4 Likes

The former is “Texture Supersampling” and the latter is “Contact Shadows” in the graphics settings.

1 Like

did recognize the same, even with deliting the community folder…

any fixes coming soon???

Performance is really less than usual after the Update 3 - frame rate is really down - I hope this get fixed soon …

I have tried every single piece of advice offered here in these forums - following CptnLucky’s instructions to the letter; I have emptied my community folder of all mods; I have turned every single performance robbing setting either off or down to low; I’ve set every setting to medium; I’ve set everything to high; I’ve adjusted my Nvidia Control Panel every which way - including loose and footloose; I’ve reset the Nvidia Control Panel back to factory settings; I’ve rolled back Windows updates; I’ve used every single Nvidia driver published during the past 18 months, and absolutely nothing has improved. Before this last world update everything was working perfectly. My flights were buttery smooth - not a single stutter, shudder, or any other aberration. Something has changed in the sim and I can’t correct for it. The only thing I haven’t done is a complete uninstall of MSFS 2020, and then reinstall. I’ve even tried rolling my computer to a known good state from prior to the UK world update. I’m going to submit a zendesk ticket and see what happens. Meanwhile, I will be flying with X-Plane. It ain’t pretty but at least it works. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

4 Likes

I got my Bravo Throttle a couple of days back and consequently decided to fire up MSFS to do training for A320. But I had to install the new mega update.

Once I got program running, I noticed that the camera zoom in and zoom out is very choppy and low frame rate within the A320 . I can’t tell if the new update is to blame. I switched to the Cessna training and the same camera zoom in zoom out is buttery smooth. What’s with the airliner that demands more from my system? Anyone know?

Intel® Core™ i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 24.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 11.7 GB
Total Virtual Memory 28.1 GB
Available Virtual Memory 8.08 GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design

Hi there. Seeing a massive performance drop since the update as well. Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, RTX 3080, 32gb Ram, SSD. Changing settings from low-ultra has zero impact. I am getting 15-25 frames at most, previously I was getting about 30 on ultra. (With my specs I feel like I should have been getting more than I was previously, but it was smooth, so whatever). But it is a noticeable difference since the update. Literally zero setting changes has any impact. Graphical. data, online/offline, AI. No change in performance at all when adjusting settings.

Like others have mentioned, I seem to be using more VRAM now, but in general my hardware is being way under utilized when watching task manager. RAM is getting the most utilization, but other than that CPU, GPU and disk seem like they’re almost idling, slightly more than idle sure, but not getting used to their potential, that’s for sure.

Edit: I will also add, while it seems to not have an impact on my performance, popped out windows, or a combination of, creates a flashing in the main window. The severity goes up and down, I’ve seen it flash rapidly, then every few minutes.

This update has really impacted my experience negatively…

2 Likes

Same boat for me. I’m struggling to maintain 20 fps when I was running 30-35 before the update at a mix of high and medium settings.

Changing graphics settings has zero effect. Whether running at my normal 1440p with a mix of ultra, high (mostly) and medium or running 720p at all low, I see no change in my frame rate.

Ryzen 2700X, 64GB RAM, RTX 2080, 2 x 1TB NVMe SSD.

1 Like

I submitted a ticket via zendesk and they suggested that I try everything that I told them I had already tried. Do they think we are stupid? In all honesty, this game should’ve stayed in Alpha testing for at least another 6 months, and then in Beta testing for 6 months before being released to the public. Had that happened, this sim would’ve killed any and all competition - no questions. Right now, the competition is just laughing at this joke of a sim.

You might see this from another angle and be fine understanding we are actually still beta testing until Summer 2021 and this might be what the PC release is all about after all? This certainly begs the question sometimes.

1 Like

London fps are a mess. Try taking off from London City Airport and fly due south toward London City and you will see a major drop in fps about where 02 is at the bend in the river. In other UK places my fps are actually better. Normally get 43 fps; now 47-50 fps. Even over NYC they are way better. It’s a London thing. No way London scenery should be more load than NYC.

2 Likes

I’m not having any particular issues with pancake mode, however VR performance appears to have further reduced.

There’s something fundamentally wrong with the code base - how much of it came from FSX? Are we just going to continue to move between sim updates and world updates with the hope that something will be fixed, while constantly being told that new items are available for purchase from the marketplace?

Every update to date has introduced regression. It’s frustrating, it’s embarrassing and it’s unacceptable 6 months in. Microsoft needs to acknowledge the state of the sim and clearly outline how they’re going to tackle it with Asobo.

Same issues here. Will fly at 30-45 frames then it just drops to 11-17 frames. When this happens, my GPU usage is around 60 % down from 100 %.

1 Like

I guess the difference is New York is just photogrammatry where as London is a mix of photogrammatry and pre-made 3D models. Its just that bit more taxing for it.