Performance hopes for next gen Ryzen CPUs and nVidia 4*** series GPU?

Thanks for the feedback.
So improved 1% and 0.1% (so less stutters) but no average fps increase.
Yeah its as I thought. I have no major reasons to upgrade my cpu.

FPS gains with MSFS in 2D are more noticeable, as they are in many other 2D games, even beating Intel’s 12900K at times. With some other games the increased cache has less or no effect.

Compared to my 5600X it’s a welcome, but not dramatic increase in smoothness in VR in rural areas, also my local airport and in the photogrammetry area of my home city. Though the gains may be more noticeable in areas where FPS and stutters really tank, such as on the runway at LAX for instance. I have yet to find out. So no, I’d say so far for many AMD users, it’s not a must have.

Edit: I must say though that I usually cap my frame rate at 30FPS using Radeon Chill. I noticed today over photogrammetry Hobart that doing that with the new CPU was still choppy with VR while banking; when I disabled the locked FPS and let the frame rates rise to over 40FPS, things really were WAY smoother than the 5600X (both without MR, which never really works well for me).

So are you getting no stutters at all now in “reasonable” areas, ie only a few buildings or smaller cities? Stutters at low altitudes are really annoying me recently…

Depends on my settings, but it has improved over the 5600X. You will always get some judder without MR, when banking or scanning the instruments, but it’s minimal and I’ve learned to live with it. When I turn I look at the wing or a point on the ground where I’m wheeling about and that spot stays still.

Hopefully the next gen GPUs will allow me to use MR at a half rate of 45fps on the G2’s 90Hz panels.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.