Performance hotfix possibly arriving today

Well it’s not gossip, it’s an image straight from Microsoft’s CDN, so it’s legit, just not out officially yet.

1 Like

And if it was from a CDN, that’s just the nature of the beast. The process forward deploys often accessed content to offload server burden. What’s most often accessed in the Dev Update pages? Certainly not the Roadmap Images. (/sarc off) :sunglasses:

My fingers are crossed :thinking:

Apparently the patche fix the fps drop introduced with SU3 but don’t fix the fps drop and stutters introduce with WU3

1 Like

Yea the CMs are more than likely in the dark regarding most things like the rest of us until just before public release.

I don’t know where you get that information from, but it’s what concerns me - that it’s only a partial fix.

But at least it was flyable for me at 30+ fps before SU3. If they can restore that, I’ll be at least able to fly again. That’s not possible currently with my single digit frame rates.

If that is a fake snapshot, I wouldn’t want to be that poster! It’s way too early for an April Fool’s joke!!!

2 Likes

@Crunchmeister71 read the snapshot. The mentioned issue is under investigation

CMs are MS employees. They’ve likely known about this for some time. The post is probably written and on the forum already, just not published yet until they’re given the go-ahead from the higher-ups.

You can’t talk about anything without approval when you’re working for Microsoft or have an NDA with them.

Oh I didn’t think they were MS employees. Just thought they were volunteers like mods, just with direct access to the dev team.

It’s not fake. That chart is straight from MS’ content servers. If you look at the URL of the image in the screen shot on AVSIM, you’ll see for yourself

Mods are volunteers. CMs are MS employees.

I just want to be able to have a flight that’s sort of fluid. My standards have dropped considerably, along with my FPS :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey, I was downright ecstatic a couple of days ago when I managed to hit 25 fps for a brief moment… Before WU3 I was running over 40.

1 Like

Its going to be interesting to see how the “the sim is fine fix your computer” guys are going to spin this.

3 Likes

Polarization everywhere… the “it’s fine” people versus the “it’s all broken” people
Patience sorts out 99% of problems

This isn’t going to stop them. It’s kind of like arguing with a Flat Earther. No matter what kind of facts you give them, they’ll always spew back nonsense that supports their view.

7 Likes

Where do I fit in. They only partialy broke it for me.

Right otherwise who ever did this gonna get some folks mad :joy:

1 Like

Now they are like it’s fine for me and not my problem so who cares. Be patient and stop complaining.

As soon as they have a small issue they’ll run to the top of the tallest building and scream to fix it. They have the top of line system so it can’t be their fault.