Performance hotfix possibly arriving today

It’s been a while since we’ve seen Winterino8838 — their last post was 6 months ago.

Can tell it has been a while since you have been here. (Welcome back :slight_smile: )

You are correct that this is hardly a security breech, but if you read the threads covering the performance issue, it is, sadly, having a huge effect on “thousands of peoples lives”. Or so it would seem.

I don’t think it will happen today

1 Like

LOL I’m sure they’ll figure out a workaround by reverting back to nvidia driver or opening up scenery editor, then off they go again performance boost

Either the fix or the development update will likely happen. I think Jorg said he will make an announcement today…

Todays pretty much over man …

1 Like

Updates are slow here also, but store downloads are fast. So it’s probably a limiter on their (Western Europe ) update server, dont see any other reason why a lot have near 17Mbit ‘only’ else. Maybe it’s a better idea to use a sort of torrent system for updates.

Yea hate to speculate but in my opinion it doesn’t look likely a patch is coming today and the dev update is late. Probably figuring how to explain the leaked road map and how the patch isn’t ready and sorry for the turbulence but you may experience a bumpy ride until Tuesday when the patch releases.

Edit: this is pure speculation and completely my own opinion that is in no way supported with facts or evidence of any kind.

1 Like

Everything points to the 25th which it still is in the U.S, but… a problem could have come up and we need to wait.

The part I don’t understand is that my son, who lives with me and is on the same network, can download at 200+ Mbits. And he’s connected via wi-fi. I’m on a cable 6 feet away from my router, and I can’t get more than 17 Mbits. I don’t get it. :confused:

And I’ve tried different cables, using my own wi-fi, using an external USB3 Ethernet, VPN, etc. Doesn’t matter. I top out at 15Mbits.

I have no other choice but to use my voodoo to guarantee the release of the fix today. I will start a major flight now, then I’m sure the fix will happen as soon as I painstakingly went through all the checklists and am about to start my takeoff roll…

Yeah their all at the Bafta awards lol

Maybe we are soft banned. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Try using a different ethernet card altogether I think it was the win 10 19.?.? preleased that when you installed it, it wiped out hundred of insiders ethernet card. Good thing I have wlan as well, or I would of been SOL …

I was only expecting a status on resolving the problem. I personally feel disrespected. A simple sentence like, “we’re still zeroing in on the problem(s) and will continue to keep you updated, thanks for your patience”.

I’m finally paying for XPlane 11 as my backup sim so I can better manage my frustration.

I hope I can be flying in MSFS2020 again real soon!

3 Likes

The guys at asobo be chilling kicking back drinking some brews and just getting a kick reading this thread

3 Likes

Maybe their quality team tested it and noticed an issue.

Unfortunately history shows they most likely didn’t!

Change the name of this thread ‘What Asobo’s doing while were all waiting for the fix’ .

There are people in this thread, absolutely shameful, that will try to convince you that you are a whiney brat for expecting that.

1 Like

They just call them “team” now. :grimacing:

1 Like