Performance issuses since Patch 1.8.3.0

Hello,
I have performance issuse since Patch 1.8.3.0 and the game is currently not playable.
If i start a Flight, the simulation jerks like 10 frames per second.

Already checked/tried:

• Set graphic settings to low (same performance, already played on high without problems)
  • Updated the GPU Driver
  • close all Backround Programs and Antivirus
  • Run as Admin
  • reinstall the game

I only have the problem since the new patch. Is there a rollback possible?
Does anyone know a solution for my issue?

Specs:
Win10 Pro, i7-8700k, 32GB RAM, 1080 GTX, Game on SSD (150MB Read / 40MB Write)

The sim performance in my opinion is in a decent place. My performance is good 45-90fps. I9-9900K @ 4.7GHz, Asus Strix 2080Ti, 64GB memory, 1440p.

I only fly GA not done much with the airlines but I get 45-50fps in London in the rain with Orbx EGLC and Landmarks insalled and in Scotland frames go up to 80 with crystal clear textures, a great experience.

I think I’m ready for VR guys! Bring it on. :slight_smile:

@Privaz would look at your CPU and GPU loads, particularly your CPU. Do you have any other applications running which could get in the way, particularly it’s been noted some antivirus apps can decrease performance.

@Privaz

What aircraft do you fly? Do you get the same frame rate if you try a simple aircraft like the Cessna 152?

I have the same specifications and the performance has improved a lot.
Thanks Asobo for the patch!

I’m with Privaz on this. Changed nothing my end, but now I have stuttering that wasn’t there before, constantly in every situation, sometimes terrible. I don’t understand why so many people are having vastly different experiences, but clearly some kind of problem has been introduced by the developers that needs to be investigated.

I have a lesser computer and have been happy with the changes, however there are many variables that result in the overall performance of a given situation. Plane, location, scenery complexity, weather, settings, the list goes on, so you need to bring everything back to a base line and move forward from there. Start with a country area with the C172 and clear weather. Set your sliders for graphics to what you think is reasonable, based on your previous experience and see how you go. If everything is OK start making changes and note what you do so you can revert back and make other changes. Personally, I have my settings on High and find reasonable performance, my processor is only an I7 6700 running at 3.4 to 4 ghz.

Already done all that. There’s clearly a problem introduced by the patch. The puzzle being that only some people are affected.

Just a thought. Do you run other sims? How do they behave (ruling out hardware issues).

No, I don’t - and I don’t run any other software while using the sim.

I have analysed many things over the past few days. But, again, many people are experiencing the introduction of stuttering since the patch, and it’s officially reported in the issues forum for the development team to hopefully investigate.

As I said, I cannot confirm this. The performance has improved so much that I can set both LOD values to 4.
Screenshot (163)

1 Like

I am able to play with any other game without any problems.
I didn’t changed anything except the new patch.

CPU and GPU load is during the game at about 70%…
Temperatures are ok!
I did a memcheck too…

I tried it with a cessna, airbus a320 and the cirrus jet.
Same problem on every plane…

1 Like

Yes performance is decent same as before patch running here 3900x 2080super and 64 g ram 50 fps ultra 3840/1080 100% render recommended and all other slider to 200% ai generic to off i like real planes in ai screen refresh high

1 Like

Strange, I have the same GPU as you, but a better 9900K processor, and I regularly get 40-50fps with Ultra presets at 1080p.

There has to be something else at work here, and not just that your are CPU bound. I suspect that is exactly what you would see if you enabled the devloper mode, and bring up the in-sim FPS counter. Below the FPS it will show you some text, which can assist with diagnosing the weak point in your system.

thx for the hint!
Here’s a video of my problem: https://youtu.be/H_gutaBnZuc

I wi’ll try it now with developer mode and reply you soon.

Interesting, you have a GTX 1080 but it’s only running at 70%.

I would have expected a GTX 1080 to be pushed harder, so given that CPU is at 70% and you probably have some CPU cores not being maxed out then I think your issues could be CPU bottleneck. Check taskmanager and make sure nothing else is chewing up valuable CPU cycles.

You have an unlocked CPU, have you tried a little overclocking. I have my bios manage overclocking on automatic / AI and I get a 38% boost which does make a difference.

Try to set the power plan to high performance or balanced.

Was already set!