Persistent Flight Simulator Crashes to Desktop

just tried it with DX12 same thing CRASH!!! So I am 99% sure like other simmers that it is an Asobo issue with the servers, hope they are reading this. How about some customer support!! We have tried everything and I am not about to re install last time it was a nightmare to get back to where I was with the game. Thankyou

2 Likes

guys and gals! stop looking to your equipment and MSFS set up!! It is the servers!!! It is an Asobo issue with the servers. nothing else!!! They need to acknowledge it!!! and fix it!!!

2 Likes

I recommend that you try a VPN and connect to a different server to see if the crash persists.

Yes this is the servers and essentially during the week-end.

While I agree the servers play a major role in the CTD issues we face with MSFS, I also feel video card drivers play just as significant a role as well. I recall reading that Asobo has a good working relationship with Nvidia. I wish they would get on the same page following each sim update and provide an updated game ready driver for each release.

1 Like

It must be, had my First CTD Tuesday 17th October ( might be mod issue) then had one good flight no issues, then about 5 the last two days. DDU the drivers and installed an older stable one, still CTD. My comm library is pretty stagnant, with mainly traffic mods and a couple liveries, airports are downloaded before each flight.

Frustrating, i don’t think it is my Sim. so annoying!

1 Like

Funny enough, after I inserted my RAM sticks in the recommended slots on the motherboard(per MB manual), there has been no crash since. The sim has also been running smoothly and better. I’d suggest anyone having this issue to check the RAM placements.

1 Like

Crash to desktop every time I play now. Any idea what this error code means?

It suggests that another instance of FlightSimulator.exe is already running. Simplest solution is to exit Flight Simulator and reboot your PC, but you can also start Task Manager, click on the Processes Tab, and look for any instance of FlightSimulator.exe. Right-click and choose “End Task”

1 Like

I have the same problems -and did the same as you to correct.
Experiencing crashes since December 23. While running the program without any crash since its release. Can’t finish a single flight.

It usually crashes 10 to fifteen minutes into a flight

Crashing and ‘freezing’ now back on long flights.

I attempted everything. re-installed 4 times. Run with nothing in community files and default setting on everything. I suspect either a problem with video driver or some sort of memory management.

For almost four years worked flawlessly. Now with a new M.2 NVMe SSD drive can’t get it going for five months.

I, too, am seldom able to complete a flight due to CTDs. The Event Viewer always logs an exception in the Kernel. I have 4 monitors and use some for the A320x (FBW) cockpit displays, which can be detached by clicking on the specific display while holding the left-Alt key. Last night it crashed exactly as I moved one of these detached windows to a different monitor. I’m using an nvidia RTX 3070 with fully updated drivers. I will try once again without detaching any of the cockpit displays to see if I can complete a flight at last.

I’m getting this CTD for one in every 3 or 4 flights I have! This is extremely annoying! It has been stable for a while till they introduced some update!
UPDATE:
I noticed after the last update, MSFS changed my Direct X version to 12 (beta), I changed it back to DX11 and so far my flights have been going ok!

Yesterday, I noticed that I was missing aircraft - which was odd enough, so I found a Microsoft page with suggested plan of action on fixing that… I still was missing aircraft.

I reinstalled FS2020, and now it is crashing during startup.

Sometimes, now, I can get it into the menus of trying to start a session, but when I click on what should be the File Manager, there is nothing there. No updates, nothing… then it crashes to desktop CTD.

This is not looking good for FS2024 if they STILL cannot get FS2020 to work perfectly by now!

I have been using FS since 1982 when it first came out. I still have FSX installed… because that one? Works!

1 Like

Are you referring to the sim’s Content Manager?
This Support Checklist may be some help:

Crashed before it got to the main menu… starting in Safe mode.

1 Like

If your sim starts in Safe Mode, the issue is related to addon content.
Quite often, that is due to a mod conflict.
Do you have addons in your community folder?

OK, I tried to restart again in Normal Mode. This time I got to the main menu, and this is something I noted a few times… when I click on the icon for the File Manager, it says no content, nothing, etc. Before - there had been all the packages, or files / scenery that I never installed.

I went into the settings, and turned OFF online connection (or whatever it is called), and then I clicked the World on the main menu.

I then clicked Orlando (Florida) and hit Departure, and to start a flight… then it crashed to the desktop. Before I got the “Fly” option.

In the Content Manager screen, top left, ensure you check the filters “Not Installed” and “Update Available”.
Does that show you the content that you need to install?