Van Nuys TIN is less polished than Las Vegas TIN data

I think PG needs a lot of bandwidth, perhaps more than the MS servers are actually providing at times.

I turned Rolling Cache off, but that did not see to make a difference. I went back and circled the city, and with each pass I could see the PG wrapping/popping more and more detail onto the buildings. The more I circled, the better the image. However, as soon as I left the region, they went back to melted.

2 Likes

PG does add terrain anomalies.
ON

OFF

2 Likes

I really feel like PG is getting worse every small update. And i am not exaggerating.

Around 5k feet , closer i get, the more the popout gets intense. even with manual+rolling cache the same building at the “processing” same time always is getting rendered “in front of me” . There is no difference without manual and/or rolling cache, 0 difference.
Tried with different internet connections, with vpn to diff countries, hell even in another country i was, the results were the same.

Formats, resets , reinstalls , updates , without updates, only with 1 PG city installed tested, with all PG cities tested, more rams, better router/modem, deleting content.xml/user.cfg 50-100-200-400 lod , idk what else i tried haha.
Only if i pause and wait 5-10-15 minutes the whole city will load (not 100%) but if i go around, the same scene will render again.

Waiting around 45seconds in pause mode.

on m.2 nvme

P.S But surpassingly all twitch US streamers their PG works 10/10 times.

1 Like

A year and a half ago i took up the huge task of visiting every usa city with photogrammetry.

I still have 20 states to cover, but every city i do a very thorough fly over.

Feel free to go to my non monitized yt channel to see a big example of photogrammetry cities.

In my opinion, some cities with photogrammetry look better than others. For example Florida and California photogrammetry looks really good, but Tx and other states not as clear and detailed.

Being that i started recording photogrammetry cities throughout the updates, i think i would be able to notice a sudden decrease in graphics.

Keep in mind, it’s a flight simulator not a ground simulator so the imagery is designed to look best from altitude above, not ground level.

Just recently i flew over Bakersfield Ca. I even found the Welcome to Bakersfield sign and i could even make out a fast food Panda Express.

If your gripe is you think photogrammetry could be improved all around, okay. But if youre suggesting quality of pg cities has got worse, i havent noticed and i think of any simmers credentials on this particular subject i would notice.

If youd like me to revisit a pg city that i flew over in previous updates, lmk and ill be happy to re-fly over an area so you can determine if you see and downgrades that i havent picked up on.

Since we’re on the subject, it seems like a purposeful slight to not have Dallas include photogrammetry.

1 Like

Marked as Won’t Fix at this time - needs updated TIN.