Photogrammetry Appreciation

The fact that the resolution is high enough for individual rocks to have a 3D form is very impressive, considering this is just a random hill that most people won’t even stop to look at. You can even see graffiti on the side of a couple of the rocks. Asobo really knocked it out of the park when it comes to the scenery. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Wow, I love that! Where is that, so others can find it?

3 Likes

Yes, please tell us! This is what I want to see…real life

That is amazing, it looks almost real, just slight blurring of the rocks gives it away but stunning none the less.

But where where where?

Edit: It’s Jurupa Hills\Mount Jurupa in Southern California: 34.04355942836949, -117.42242695717486

I believe it was Box Springs Reserve, which isn’t far from Flabob airport. If not, it’s in that general area.

1 Like

I presume that photogrammetry is only for cities. How can that also apply for mountains? I mean technially it’s possible, but there isn’t even data for that out in the wild.

It’s a small mountain in the middle of Southern California suburban sprawl. Correction for the above, it’s Jurupa Hills, not Box Springs Reserve. Southern California in general has a lot of high quality photogrammetry.

2 Likes

maybe we won’t see it but i’m sure big tech companies will give the humanity the entire 3D virtual earth model in the future.

Wish there be more