Photogrammetry does not work after SU5

I have downloaded everything concerning the sim update 5, both mandatory stuff and all the updates available in content manager. I have turned on all items in data connection. I am online, connectect to an european server (14ms). I have no limited banwidth and rolling cache is off and the file deleted. Bing data world graphics is responsive, but photogrammetry doest not work for me. Nothing happens no matter I turn it on or off. Any idea? Thanks

which photogrammetry cities are you flying through?

Interesting, I’m kind of curious as to what cities you were flying through, I know the servers have had issues due to the influx of players from the Xbox Side, but I had no problems with photogrammetry not loading, but I had some wacky glitches like Half Dome floating in the air and some weird monstrosity that occurred when my bandwidth had issues.

1 Like

To be fair I turned it off long before SU5 I don’t think it really brings enough to the sim experience for the resources it uses.

Satellite imagery is great. Photogrammetry which might sometimes be using some really low Res source material? not so much.

Areas like Paris, France and New York City, New York are notable references

1 Like

Yep, I’ve also tried NY (Manhattan) and Paris (Eiffel tower area), since they are even included in the “brand new feature” discover places. More close to home, I come across with the same issue in Barcelona and Vigo (Spain). At least these two last places have been photogrammetrized since the very beginning, and the quality was relatively good compared to Paris, for instance.

2 Likes

Same here…no photogrammetry any more at Zürich

2 Likes

After making partial redownloads that weren’t fixed the problem, I decide to reset in the control panel, erasing all the app data (I just remembering a good meme on reddit :). Finally, after making a fresh new download of about 120 Gigas, it seems to work again, at least in Manhattan.

2 Likes

Since my bandwidth cap has been reset, I’m gonna do a comparison slideshow and do what you did. See if that actually makes a difference.