[FIXED] Photogrammetry not working anywhere

My msfs is connected to the internet, photogammetry is enabled in settings, but i can’t get see any in the game, just the default buildings and trees.

Does anyone have a solution?

I’ve tried to repair the game via windows repair tool, but noting changed, and trying to disabled it and enabling again in game settings.
Thanks!

Im running:
I9 9900k
Rtx 2080ti
64gb RAM
1tb ssd

Do you also have online services enabled in the sim?

2 Likes

If you verified Online Connectivity, Photogrammetry and Bing Maps are on ON in General-Data, try cycling them OFF then ON again, and restart the Sim.

After that, you can try logging off both MS-Store and XBox Live accounts, then log back in, start the sim again.

Same here, took off from Denver 34L and the scenery was terrible.

In the OP, he states is online settings are on. I have also verified that mine are activated as well.

Yes, but sometimes, the solution is to Cycle the settings OFF, then back ON, and restarting the sim. After that, cycling the logins to get XBox services to respond to your sim again.

1 Like

Another quick check is to see which server you’re connected to (Main Menu-Home, upper right next to your XBox Gamertag). If it’s saying Automatic but not a list of servers, chances are you’ve lost your XBox Live connection and need to try one of the techniques above to reset it.

2 Likes

This can also happen when you are after an update and revisit a place you last visited before the update. Something to try: remove your cache file, leave the game, restart the game and make a new cache file. Also check the Bing option. When it is not on, it won’t refresh. At first, you’ll have a lower frame rate because the cache is being refilled.

It could also be an issue with third party scenery. They changed the elevation scaling. Only thing you can do in that case is remove the scenery, from Community or via Content Manager in Profile… Check this

Update, my photogrammetry does appear to be working, but it looks like a huge chunk of Denver is missing as you take off from 34L. It goes to an absolutely terrible default rural texture. I have tried with and without Flightbeam’s scenery installed as well. Restarting the sim after every change. I verified connection to the USA West servers too.

Would someone be able to verify this is happening in their sim?

Thanks, I’ll try to cycle on and off settings then restart the sim.
All other connections are fine, I see my friends online, ground textures load correctly just the photogrammetry is missing.

Yes, online services are turned on!

PG is loading, it’s just slow. 34L, curved back to head over the highways. I’m not from here, so I don’t know the exact area I’m over.

Try turning right. None of the ground textures look good at all, they seem very “default”.

So I just noticed something very interesting… My photogrammetry is only gone from the scenery right below me!!

I have no idea what is going on but I can see photogrammetry in front of me and then when I fly towards it, it fades away into default terrain.

I confirm, there is a tile populated with default autogen instead of hi-res bing photogrammetry, the borderline is clearly visible.

OK that makes me feel better that it is not just my system.

So, I wonder if this is related to the mesh issue that they hot fixed today?

I have the same problem in southern part of Moscow city Russia after the March hotfix

probably it’s somehow related to UK photogrammetry fix

No solution yet, bing maps working fine, multiplayer and points of interest. Just photogrammetry missing, including japan and uk updated cities.
I’m thinking about uninstall and install again, maybe will work.

Could you change the name of the thread? It’s factually inaccurate since photogrammetry IS working for most people.

But not for us, so the title is factual for those experiencing it. I have lost big chunks of photogrammetry thanks to this update.

1 Like

That’s not correct. The statement is general and implies everyone. If you mean to say it only applies to you, then please add " For Me" to the title.