Pilot2ATC compatibility

The general format when talking to ATC is:
say who you are talking to (blank Approach) ie. Milwaukee Approach
Say who you are (your callsign) ie Mooney N365QA.
Say where you are (Over blank airport at 2,500 ft)
Say what you want (Request vectors to land at blank airport)
Pilot2ATC is pretty flexible. This format will generally work. If it doesn’t like something you said, it will tell you.

Weather forecasting has become pretty good, especially within the 24 hour frame. Most of the time you do know your approach before you get there. If the wind direction does change, and you have Pilot2ATC set to use real world weather, I do believe this would change your approach. The answer to your question is it is pretty realistic to know your approach and have it as a part of your flight plan.

I really like Pilot2ATC. It takes a lot of setup and I still have a ton of issues with it not recognizing what I say. I’ll need to sit one day and re-train everything and maybe that will fix it. I did have an issue with tower telling me I was clear to land and then telling me to go around because there’s an aircraft on the runway. There is no aircraft on the runway. I also wish Asobo would open up the traffic to be able to communicate with third party programs. It “sees” other planes and tells me if they are around, but they won’t talk to them and give them directions. I really wish they would.

Well I am 6 days into my 10 day trial and after spending at least 12 hours installing and configuring I doubt I will be shelling out the $60 to keep it. I really want it to work but it is so erratic on recognizing my voice and doesn’t respond when it should. I’m sure there is a steep learning curve (on both ends) but my initial impression after spending at least a couple hours a day for nearly the past week is not good.

I really want to use Vatsim and was hoping this would be a good stepping stone but it’s just not working for me.

Sure hate to see you give up. I have been using this for several years, and although there are still some issues its still my favorite add on, couldn’t imaging flying with out this. Just remember " there is an answer or everything relate to computers". some times just takes bunches of patience.

1 Like

Hi there, I keep getting the ATIS over and over again and won’t stop! How do I turn the ATIS off or can I?

Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA.

Hi, do you get the in-game ATIS or the P2ATC ATIS?

The P2ATC ATIS

I get it repeatedly until I switch frequencies !!

1 Like

that’s because on connect, P2ATC connects to ATIS if you let copilot tune frequency (not sure if it does as well without that option…) because that is the first frequency you want to listen. Since ATIS is just an automated computer report that repeats all the time, you will keep hearing the ATIS until you switch to another frequency

1 Like

Hi, In P2ATC there is a MODE that has ALT ACTIVE STANDBY OFF… What does that do if I may ask? Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA. I am starting to get the hang of it…This is great!! I love this program…

I think you may be referencing the transponder. Is it at the top right of the screen by your squawk code?

1 Like

These are the available transponder modes. Start with OFF. When ATC gives you the Squawk code i.e. 1234 type this one in P2A in the code field and set the mode to STANDBY. After you get the departure clearance set the mode to ALT. This way ATC can identify you with your position and altitude on their screens and the code they’d given you. This is it, when i.e. Langen Radar ATC answers “Good morning AF 7525, radar contact” after your initial call to Langen Radar.

2 Likes

Pilot2ATC question from a prospective buyer : I’m not a native english speaker, when P2A is speaking to you is there a “text” option to also have it written on the screen like with the MSFS ATC ?

Not like in the sim. But there is a reading screen within the P2ATC application

Is this app accessible / usable in VR ?

hmm, don’t think so!

Yup that’s what I feared … Not a dealbreaker probably, I’ll just have to crank the volume to make sure I understand it over the engines. :wink:
Thank you for your answers.

Well , try it out for free. The app is for 10 day’s full usable without an account.
Also the co-pilot can do all the settings with the radio and can give the replay feedback calls to the tower, ,ground etc. but you had to speech your text first. (the app can also read this text, but that is not do able in VR.)
The flightplan setup is complex, you had to do that on your screen, Also the first speech training.
When al is correct set (validate en filed flightplan and with help from copilot and a button for speak) you can start the flight and switch to VR.
Happy flying.