Pilot2ATC Freezing For Anyone Else?

Good afternoon forum,

I am wondering if anyone else using Pilot2ATC has had issues with it freezing / locking up. Specifically during 2 events.

1. When you are handed over to approach, change to approach frequency and then locks
  2. When you are expecting to be vectored in, reach TOD (where it calculates vectors) and then just freezes.

I have had this going on for awhile now and have been working with Dave (Dev) over on his forum but we haven’t been able to point out a cause.

Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this?

Thanks.

I’ve not had it actually freeze up but I do occasionally have it seem to quit responding to the current flight plan or where I can’t hear any audio. I which case I get no ATC nor do I hear any chatter (FS Chatter - full version).

I’m using the Beta version and it does appear to have its share of problems. It’s just not real stable, it seems. But that’s goes with the territory on a Beta version, I suppose.

I’ve not had a freeze up as such. I have had a number of occasions when the controller has had a nap or nipped off the the rest room.
Doing a radio check always seems to get a response but requesting taxi or takeoff clearance for example you can sometimes be talking to yourself.

I am not having any issues with the beta. There are times ATC thinks I did not include the call sign but the log shows it clearly. Sometimes I need to wait a minute or so before I hear anything if I change the speaker. I am running P2ATC on another monitor so I never interact with it.

I haven’t really had a lock-up but on occasion as mentioned the controller takes a lunch break. What I have found that works most of the time is to disconnect, reconnect and make sure your frequency was the same as you left, click the “File” button to turn it green, then request your IFR clearance again.

This would be just like establishing a clearance in the air and it seems to synch up P2ATC.

What I am having trouble with is volume. Even though everyting is set to 100% and I set MSFS engine volumes low I am having trouble hearing the controllers.

Thanks folks,

There actually is an avsim forum for P2A bugs if you ever do want to post about them there. Dave is very active and quick to respond.

Looks like Dave may have it figured out, @Crunchmeister71 and I have been working with him quite awhile over the past couple of months and after Crunch provided all his P2A settings it seems Dave has narrowed down the cause and is working on some interim betas.

The latest private beta Dave sent me seems to work. I experienced some weirdness at one point, but no freezing at all, so it’s looking promising. I’d expect there’ll be a new beta released publicly in the next couple of days.

1 Like