Pilot2ATC keeps repeating itself? ATIS keeps repeating and won't stop

Hi there, When the ATIS talks, it keeps repeating itself…What can I do to stop it? Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA

Do you mean when you leave the ATIS frequency it keeps playing on the other ones?

1 Like

I am sorry it just repeats itself ATIS just the ATIS

Sorry, I’m having a hard time understanding the problem (which is probably my fault).

But ATIS is supposed to repeat itself, it plays over and over and over so if you are on the ATIS frequency then yes it’ll just keep going.

Now, there is an issue where when you tune to ATIS, and then after you get the information you change frequencies to say Clearance, and ATIS keeps playing over on that frequency.

That issue seems to occur if you change frequencies during the “pause” between the ATIS message playing. To avoid it, I wait until ATIS starts playing again then I switch frequencies.

I don’t know if any of that helps or if I am completely miss understanding the problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for explaining it about the ATIS I wasn’t sure about the repeating…I am really a newbie with P2A… Thanks for the help…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Glad we got it sorted out :slight_smile:

No worries at all, if you have any other question on P2A shoot me a message or tag me in your post. Not an expert but I use it daily :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I too have been having the non-stop ATIS issue. I’ve tried about every means of getting rid of it and it repeats incessantly regardless of if I try to change frequencies or stop it in the middle or the quiet part of the transmission. What is odd is that the ATIS is local for roughly my area at an airport 90 miles away and the frequencies do NOT show that ATIS to be tuned in anywhere. I actually hold a PPL (albeit a rusty one) and know this is NOT normal.

I used to see this happen occasionally for no particular reason that I can trace, but seems more pronounced in the last beta distribution.

Yeah, I’ve had the ATIS issue, I usually just switch to COM2 to get around it, which seems to work for me.