Pimax anomaly ( SU11)

It is clear that SU10 has serious bugs.
I tested again today and it’s still the same.
Even if I try the method that someone solved, nothing will change. This is because no fundamental measures have been taken.
It’s been half a month already, but there is no resolution, or even an announcement of a schedule.
Are they waiting for us to give up?
It’s extremely dishonest.

4090 on order… So we shall see if the issue persists on the newest generation of graphics cards.

It’s really bad news
I installed the latest beta today, 1.29.25.0, and it hasn’t improved at all.
You can’t release it like this, can you?
what have they been doing all month?
No, since there was already a problem in the previous beta, it’s longer.
I would love to hear your reports.

Hi, the same issue here. I thought I was the only one with this flickering mess. Pimax 8kx, i9900k and a 3080FE. Before the big update everthing works fine winth 30FPS, now i need 45FPS to reduce the flickering…not possible with my hardware.

1 Like

There is a link at the end, please report from there.
I feel the same tendency.
However, at around 45fps, if you turn around or make a quick turn with a helicopter or a fighter jet, flicking may occur.
In any case, there are reports that this bug is unavoidable even on the 3090, so we have been forced to endure unrealistically low image quality or flicks that are incomparable to before SU10.
And this will be the same even if you buy a very expensive modern GPU.
It is not known at all how long the current situation of being a flight simulator made up of programs that do not allow PIMAX and GPU to demonstrate their true capabilities will continue, or if this will be the case forever.
Some say it’s simply a fixable bug, but it’s been a long time since the su10 beta, and we’ve had no answers to the few reports we have.
You can report a report by signing in here.
They don’t think it’s worth at least a month to answer serious reports from minorities, so please report the unplayable situation.
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

The problem is TAA in MSFS VR graphic options. The solution is to change Anti-aliasing in MSFS VR graphic options to Nvidia DLSS quality, performance or ultra performance. Ultra performance may have a slight lag in the roll axis.

@MasterCptn … All of that has been covered in this thread… It’s not a solution… And at least for me it’s only offered a small improvement… But to be honest I haven’t tried VR in MSFS for over 2 months so for all I know sim update 11 has fixed it

1 Like

Thank you.
Are you saying that DLSS is the only solution?
Does it mean that models that worked before SU10, such as GTX and Radeon other than RTX, no longer work properly after that?
Also, it seems that there are many people who say that 3090 and 4090 do not improve, so I will ask questions elsewhere.
I have tried many times before, but I will try something other than TAA for the time being.
But anyway, if my assumption above is correct, this is not the solution.

I just did a test.
Again, the SU11 doesn’t bring any improvement.
DLSS, FXAA, ALL OFF
I lowered the low end and render scale to 70, but the flickering persisted.
70 is a setting value that causes pain because the brain thinks that something is wrong with the eyes.
In other words, even minimal image quality remains deprived of a way to function properly.

Before SU10, I used custom image quality, set most items higher than middle, and was comfortable with TAA and a rendering scale of 100.

Unfortunately the SU11 didn’t bring any improvement.

Hi,

I have noticed that when I use my Pimax 8kx at 90 Hz, the image flickers.

With 75 Hz all is well. I only use Normal field of view, not large.

is your 8kx the model with 2075 or 2076 in the serial number? 2075’s may have problems with running at 90hz. i’d contact pimax support about it, they might be able to give you a firmware which helps out.

1 Like

Hi @tykey6 ,

Thanks for the heads up!
Indeed my 8kx serial no. begins with 2075. I will contact Pimax for a replacement firmware.

1 Like

Mine is a PIMAX5K+, so the problem doesn’t occur in the first place, but I tried lowering the frequency just in case.
There was no improvement.
So far, I haven’t seen anyone other than you say they have no problems with the SU10.
Even if there is, we can only obtain fragmentary information.
For the time being, those who are working without any restrictions or deterioration can easily understand that giving out fragmentary information will not benefit anyone. Full information would be more meaningful in this place.
In any case, there is currently no clear way for anyone to restore the environment that SU10 has taken away.
And there is no announcement of what preparations can be made to get it back.
There are reports and videos that say that some things work, but that they don’t actually work.
There is nothing to believe.
This is an absurd situation.
Of course, what should be solved is the people who forced SU10, and in order to save those who are swayed by uncertain information here, clear information from the management is the most important.

I did have a problem with SU10 and I posted on here about it. On Large fov i was getting flickering scenery, but as i usually use Normal not Large fov it didn’t bother me.

The other day I accidentally started the game at Large fov and it was ok, the only difference was I was now using the Beta. I don’t know if that made the difference but the game @ Large fov appeared ok to me.

Edit: the issue still remains on Large fov, just tested it again.

I got the 8KX 4 weeks ago (model with 2076 sn) and faced the same issue. Never tried it with 75hz or lower settings. Im running an i9 13900K with a RTX 4090 so i want to have best quality. Quality and FOV was great but with such a flickering it was impossible to fly.

Pimax Support official doesn‘t know of this problem and overall the support was so bad that i returned the Pimax.

Tomorrow i will get the Varjo Aero, lets see whether i‘ll have more luck with it.

1 Like

None? It still does the occasional misposed frame for me…are you sure? Not even in a different scene?

i didn’t spot anything but i only flew for about 5 mins on Large. i’ll test it for longer and in different conditions later today and post here if i spot something that shouldn’t happen.

Edit: just tested it and indeed the problem still remains on Large fov, unsure why i thought it had gone :confused:

1 Like

Hi,
After receiving a replacement firmware from Pimax , I can now fly at 90 Hz with my 8kx. :grin:
Pimax responded really quick and sent me the new firmware file. :+1:

Narrowing the viewing angle to avoid bugs?
If so, it is not the original performance of PIMAX.