Pink Kodiaks at Airports

Anyone else having issues with other Kodiaks at airports showing up pink? All my liveries seem to be fine.

Running SU10 but I think I also saw it on SU9.

1 Like

Maybe try again but without added liveries?

Yes,I have seen that as well. All of my liveries seem intact, I have not found any that did not load properly when I select them, but over the past week or two I have seen a few pink checker board Kodiaks. I almost never use any of th edefault liveries, I wonder if perhaps one of those has become corrupt

I see this of and on, too.

I have no liveries other than what ship with the Kodiak. On Xbox, I also can’t delete any that could be offending.

1 Like

I saw another airplane today that was in black and white. I’m not sure which model it was.

I’m seeing this as well, and I can confirm I do not have any Kodiak liveries loaded. I’m thinking it’s one of the default liveries doing it somehow, but maybe only as AI? Maybe a file isn’t being referenced correctly. I’ll see if it’s being discussed on the SWS Discord.

2 Likes

Alex with SWS got back to me and said that they’re aware of this issue but don’t know why it happens. It’s a failure of the sim to load one of the default liveries’ textures, but all of the textures are present, so they haven’t found a solution yet.

2 Likes

Thank you for contacting SWS! I have the same issue, never installed any additional liveries for the Kodiak. Hopefully they will find a solution.

The Kodiak has a large number of liveries by default. It could be that it’s what triggers a bug in the sim code?

Hmm, good theory. Maybe the sim struggles to load one of them from the list. If I had to guess, there’s probably a single typo somewhere or a missing semicolon in the code causing the whole thing. I might disable the Kodiak from appearing as AI until it’s sorted, nothing like a blinding pink Kodiak at night to startle you out of immersion.

Can you disable one airplane from AI?

Yep! Here’s how you can do it for the Kodiak:

Navigate to your packages folder and drill down to the 4 folders for each type of Kodiak, e.g.

Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\sws-aircraft-kodiak-wheels\SimObjects\Airplanes\SWS_Kodiak_gear

Open the file called aircraft.cfg in each one of those folders and change this line from =1 to =0

Then save the file and it should no longer show up at airports

1 Like

Thanks, I would have assumed it to be the bottom option.

1 Like

You know, I’m not 100% it isn’t the bottom option and had to research it a bit, someone back in May '21 said it was the isAirTraffic which doesn’t seem right to me. I’ll test it out later and double check.