Piper PA-28R Arrow - Just Flight released

Higher airspeed and better climbrate. My guess is the automixture does not tune for best performance or does not work at all on this plane. Maybe automixture is in general not the best way to handle mixture. Have to do more testing. Anyways the piper felt underpowered in climb with automixture. Now it doesn’t. :wink:

Ok, it wasn’t a fluke. Happened again today flying from La Palma to La Gomera. To make a long story short I had to ditch the Arrow in swimming distance of La Gomeras north coast, after at 6000ft and running at 2500 RPM the engine went out … again.
I guess in the Canary Islands we can safely rule out icing this time, especially since I had deactived it to make sure.

I also noticed that I had left the fuel pump on and the battery indicator showed empty. So either the fuel pump uses up more fuel than the alternator can produce OR the alternator is broken and the plane is running on batteries the whole time. Strangely enough the starters were still running - at least they were making a noise and the RPM gauge moved a little.

Do you use state saving and maintenance enabled (set in the EFB)?
It’s strange that the battery is running low, never had that issue (state saving and maintenance disabled) in my 1-1.5 hour long flights. But I never leave the fuel pump running, only during t/o, landing and fuel tank switch.

Did you check the ammeter if it shows that the alternator provided power? If it shows 0, check the circuit breakers, maybe there’s something popped?

I once had the issue that instead of toggling the right yoke to be hidden, I clicked the (visually covered but still clickable) circuit breakers underneath it.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check next time

Just to confirm that it isn’t a general problem I did a 1 hour 50 minutes cross country flight today (with 3 go-arounds, thanks to the excellent ATC) and had no issues (state saving and maintenance enabled). But I only flew at 2,500 feet., perhaps that would make a difference.

Then again, I did another 50 minute flight over New Zealand at 7,500 feet and had no issues either (state saving enabled, but maintenance disabled this time around).

The battery was fine on both flights, getting properly charged by the alternator.

1 Like

It’s a known issue and will be fixed in the next update. No need to post it in two threads.
For me it was solved by switching to exterior and then back to cockpit view.

1 Like

Removed duplicate in this thread as you requested
And
Removed duplicate co pilot thanks.

Anybody else experiencing that the indicated wind direction on GPS100 unit is the opposite what’s actually happening? I think it may be more or less 180° off. I haven’t tried with the GNS430 and 530. Before I start any bug reporting, can anybody test this?

Just got the info from Support that update 0.3.0 is coming today or tomorrow. Again plenty of fixes included :slight_smile:

Preliminary changelog:

5 Likes

Hello there, I’m not sure if this is the right place for this question so i apologise in advance.
I’m having issues with the way the elevator responds at low speeds: during stalls or in particular when flaring, there is way to much authority and responsiveness. The plane tends to be incredibly reactive at any elevator input which is quite unrealistic. Just for context I’m using the Honeycomb yoke at defaul settings. I might understand that tweaking the sensitivity could solve the input magnitude issue but not how quickly the plane reacts. Is there something else i should tweak or should i ask justflight directly?

Cheers

Well if you find it unrealistic based on real world experience, it’s worth reporting to JF.

I for one don’t really care about stall characteristics but there were several claims that stall behavior is not correct.

But we’ve also seen people reporting something to be unrealistic, where real world PA pilots jumped in and said it was in fact like the real one would behave.

I’ll report it then. As a matter of fact i do fly the exact same machine in real life. Although it behaves mostly like the real thing, low speed characteristics are not designed very well in my opinion. It might have to do with the sim’s flight model, i wouldn’t know.

1 Like

I agree, perfect everywhere except slow speed characteristics (especially with the gear down)
It changed again after update so I suppose there is some level of finetuning against the game internal physics required

I and some other JF Arrow fliers have noticed a shimmering of scenery in the cockpit when cruising. Today I discovered, from an outside view, that the elevator is shaking, like a flutter, and that is what is causing the scenery in the cockpit to shimmer. Outside view, the scenery is fine. We tracked it down to Altitude Hold on the AP. Turn on Atl Hold in cruise, and scenery and tail start shaking. You can also see it inside the cockpit if you look at the edge of the sun visor. Turn off alt hold, and the shaking stops.

That has already been reported here in the forums and there’s a thread on their forum as well, so you might want to add your input there.

Maybe @SinewyDolphin74 can add some info about this issue. It’s pretty annoying :frowning: