Pixelated and grainy clouds are back starting with 1.14.5.0

I see that this discussion has been re-opened, which is good :slight_smile:

Because clouds are still not in a good shape comparing with release version :slight_smile: We’re getting rearward on some areas such as cloud lookings. Last WU may have cured a bit but we still have way to go.

Kind regards.

Yeah, they’re better but still problematic. Especially when looking at the clouds from different angles. What gets me is it’s so random.

Yes. No change with my RX 580.

I found that storm clouds are still really bad, regardless of distance, it is highlighted when lightning strikes as well. It still must be a lighting (not lightning) issue of some sort as in where the light hits the clouds and if they are obsutructed by any other couds as normal clouds do not have this issue.

And normal clouds look much better.

4 Likes

The shape of the clouds did not change. They depend on whether you have scarterred or non-scattered and at what altiutude they are. Some clouds are flat, some are cotton balls, some are one big formation.

Yepp, I’m seeing the same thing:

Just a reminder to anyone who still has this issue, please submit a zendesk report about it, the more people who do it the more it will hopefully be prioritized by Asobo.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for sharing this. For each update, make sure your graphic settings have not changed and also, please check if any GPU software overlay does not automatically optimize MSFS for you.

1 Like

Its amazing how MS&Co mess up things after an update. No single update which was released until today was without issues. Something get fixed on aircrafts or sceneries and other things pop up again. Most of these things are basics so I wonder why patches did not get tested (enough). Its completely frustrating with these updates. And if you check the communtiy I’m not the only one…

5 Likes

Check to make sure settings don’t change. This has happened to me after updates. They did a lot to the clouds and I’m sure they didn’t just “revert” changes.

1 Like

The original thread has been reopened, I would recommend continuing the discussion in there.

Hello,
thank you for the comment.
Of course, settings are the same, in MSFS and NVCP (Nv experience is not used).
I know that the look and graininess of clouds also depends on the illumination. But believe me, it was fixed with World Update 3 and now it is back again.
Could there be a relation to the previous bug of the outlines around objects and clouds? The outlines appeared when the clouds were fixed, the grainy clouds appeared again when the outlines were fixed. Both items are related to clouds. Maybe it correlates, maybe not, but I think it is worth to give this hint to the devs.

1 Like

As I understand it, Asobo has gone back to an older version of the clouds to get around the problem of Glowing Aircraft and Objects. Of course, this results in grainy clouds again. Logical.

Release Notes (1.14.5.0) Sim Update III

WORLD

• Fix outline against clouds and object in game introduced in the previous update

Hello SierraBravo6049,

Checking GPU settings is a first step! In any case, this will be brought to the team for further investigation. Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

That would be great, thank you.

That would be great. :+1:
Thank you.

Along with the prominent pixilation, I seem to have another issue. When flying past clouds the pixels on the trailing edge of clouds seem to drag off of the clouds themselves and flicker a lot, it is very pronounced and eye-catching, major immersion killer. I would put in video of the effect but whenever I screen record on my 5120*1440 screen it says the video is too large to be posted in here. It is a bit hard to describe the effect, but I am wondering if anyone else has this issue as well, could it have something to do with AA?

1 Like

I posted this in January.
Put it on full screen, it is visible on the close clouds, but more noticeable on the mid ranged ones (it’s on the right part of the video, not that which right behind the plane). They are drifting, leaving a nice trail. You mean this isn’t?

1 Like

Yes mine is very similar to that, however the drifting pixels seem to drift quite further for me sometimes, becoming detached from the structure of the cloud.