Pixelated and grainy clouds are back starting with 1.14.5.0

i also deactivated that no effect :frowning:

ill try to switch that one off and see what happenens

I don’t think there’s any way to, since it’s probably hardcoded in the game’s engine.

Posting so this forum is not closed, the issue is still as prevalent as ever for me.

3 Likes

And for me.

Would be good to see a side by side video of release clouds to current. Not that there needs to be any evidence.

It was fixed in one patch and then came back. This is a huge issue.

Same for me… it’s really annoying even if I try not to focus on that during flights but it’s hard…

Moderator Edit: Merged from another topic.

Grainy and pixelated clouds are not fixed. Pretty annoyed that the latest Dev Update says it is fixed when there are multiples of people still experiencing this. Yes it was fixed with that initial patch that was released to fix it, but in the previous months the issue has returned.

There is no special way to reproduce this, it occurs all the time in any cloudy environment, particularly when going through and above the clouds.

RTX 2070 super, 32gb ram, Ryzen 53600.

3 Likes

Issue has been marked back as “fixed” on the latest dev update. Not sure why since nothing has changed.

1 Like

Clouds not pixelated after the latest update.

Well that’s not fixed for me…

2 Likes

ello I also have a par pictures of the
pixel clouds that were supposedly repaired
Sharpen off in config brings minimal improvement Images are with sharpen off

How it was at pre-release and release: Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - First Look & My Impressions - YouTube

How it is now: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Cloud pixelation issue - YouTube

3 Likes

It seems the clouds are not being rendered at the native resolution you have you graphics set to. This seems to cause pixelation.

I would like to add that bumping up Render Scailing to 150 does seem to help, although it may affect performance. Let me know how it behaves on your end.

increasing the render scailing does not make any difference not even at 200 is an improvement seen
100-200 clouds still partly look like pumice stone

2 Likes

I want to reply to this to make sure this isn’t shut down. My clouds as well look like a pixilated mess. Low fog looks normalize but any storm clouds look like huge mess of pixels and they were not fixed when they said they were. I see the snap shot shows it was fixed but as can be seeing by many others it is not.

2 Likes

Is it just me or do the clouds look way less detailed in 1.16.2.0, even at Ultra?

1 Like

same quality than before

The clouds still look like pumice even this update brought no improvement everything just artificially puffed up on the part of the developers Weather is still not live no performance improvement ATC is also still garbage .

To be honest, I didn’t expect any improvement - so much has been promised and nothing has been delivered so far.

2 Likes