Plane is flying his own route

Here I’m again. First I had trouble flying any plane. That problem was solved. But now I have another problem and that is that when I’m flying on AP the plane suddenly goes his own way and turns to the right or left and doesn’t listen to my throttle anymore. Also, when I land on AP and the plane is close to the ground the throttle goes full power and I had to make a touch and go en try again. When I made circle around the rwy and want to give it another try it goes right till hitting the rwy and the engines goes in reverse while I haven’t any binding for that option. It does it automaticly. I don’t know if other persons have the same problem but is there anyone who has a suggestion how to solve this problem. Thanking you in advance for any suggestions.

Which plane are you experiencing this issue with?

Do you have AI pilot enabled? This could be an assistance that can do the things you have mentioned. You can disable it in the top menu while in sim.

I’m experiencing this issue with the Cessna Citation Longitude and with the TBM930

Where can I find the option in the sim?

Taskbar at the top of the screen, in-cockpit. Move the mouse cursor to the top of the screen until it appears.

I believe the Longitude has autothrottle - which may be why you wouldn’t be able to control it. Here’s a thread about the autothrottle - short version is that there’s a button on the throttle quad to turn it off. I don’t think the TBM has that, so if you’re not able to control the throttle in that aircraft it may be because of an assist like FlyingCookie mentioned.

To find the AI pilot options, move your mouse to the top of the screen while flying - a ribbon will show up. A tooltip will pop up telling you which option is which when you mouse over the buttons. I believe the AI Pilot one has an icon that looks like a pilot’s head.

If it’s not the AI Pilot, the reason that your plane suddenly turns may be because there’s a heading hold activated - find the button that says HDG (presumably near the AP button, though I don’t fly the Longitude often) and use that to toggle it.

Its the “Control Aircraft” option

That is off. So that can not be the problem.

What about the settings in Options → Assistance?
There are a couple of settings which could also be a factor.

The HDG hold I use often but as soon as I go to NAV the HDG button goes off.

All OFF except the first one.

Yeah, you can’t have both:

NAV is following either your VOR or GPS whatever is chosen
HDG is following the current Heading Bug.

Yes I know that. I fly often with AP on GPS or HDG mode. As soon as I want to activate the localizer of the rwy I use the HDG mode to let the plan fly straight and as soon as the frequency is set I hange that to NAV mode so the plane is positioning itself in front of the rwy. That works always fine but lately something happned and I don’t know what. It could be the last update?

Just a thought. Are you trying to land the plane using the autopilot as as far as I know you can’t do it in the sim. I think it depends on the aircraft what will actually happen but it sounds like your plane is automatically “going around”.
However the AI will land it for you.

I use the AP untill I get the call for 500. Then I fly the plane by myself en land it on the rwy. I don’t let the AP land the plane on the rwy.

@Terrylawdinn: Just landed without any problem. I hope it will stay that way.