Planning a cross country trip, need some advice

Hi folks, kinda newbie here, im planning to fly from NJ my hometown to oregon in a Cirrus 22, and I wanted to plan it out in steps, looking for a tool to help me do that, and im sure there are plenty but it appears to be point to point only, is there a tool out there that can allow me to plan out point to point to point to point type of flight across the country? based on 200-500nm trips? hope this makes sense.

I use https://skyvector.com which is really nice and you can put your route where you like. It’s not a “push the button and generate a route” tool. IMHO, though, half the fun is looking on the map and deciding what things I want to see on the way. :small_airplane: :smile_cat:

3 Likes

I recently did a cross-country trip and used Skyvector as well. It’s easy to plot out a route and tells you how far/long it should take. Plus it gives you the radio frequencies for more realism.

2 Likes

Skyvector is the way to go. Everything you need including the price of avgas where ever you are.

1 Like

Great site, thanks fellas!

bring plenty of wide mouthed empty bottles so you dont have to stop for bathrrom breaks, I suggest gatorade but make sure you rinse them out first or else its gets kinda sticky.

Real pilot advice btw. lol

2 Likes