Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

3 times in ~30min. With restart of cause.

1 Like

There never seems to be an end to this game’s problem…

This is all because there are a couple of updates that are in the Content Manager. I had an update to KDEN and an update to a Bush Trip. The big problem is that after doing the updates the sim resets all your preferences AND DELETES all the data in your log book! Only had 100 hours and now it’s all gone!

Same here, I had the Packages out of date message after I clicked YES the sim restarted, I saw a different splash screen during this time then was presented with the ‘Press Any Key to Continue’ option, this then took me to the normal main menu but my logbook was empty, zero hours but some achievements remained (most of them I think…!) plus a lot of my settings had reset e.g. cockpit tips, flying tips were ON etc.

Have I indefinitely lost all my hours now?

1 Like

I keep getting this “warning” every flight now… :thinking:

Hi all, I have already sent a bug report on this issue via this post: Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

I’d love to have one location for this problem so we can get eyes on it properly. As there are more votes there I’d like to consolidate and move everyone over there.

We are sorry for this issue you are facing and are looking into it!

11 Likes

It finally happened to me. I got it “packages out of date” message as I was taking off. I clicked “no”. Now my ATC and my pilot voice is different. Mine sounds like a little kid. I have no idea what else it messed up or if I’ll be asked to update again once I get back from this flight and into the main menu.

1 Like

Thank you Jayne👍🏼

1 Like

Haven’t seen anything yet, closed the sim 2hrs ago when I saw all these messages flooded here :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Q: is it advisable to start the simulator off line at this moment ?

In your position I wouldn’t start it. :wink:

My logbook is already gone so happy flying. :smiley:

Ok I can decide not to start it at all… we have to wait to a server side message or something ? I’ve read both topics about it, seems the game is reset to an old version. Something is cleared client side because the server is confused. So… is it advisable to fly off line atm ? No internet connection at all ?

This Just now happened to me and this is the second time for me personally. The first time I had over 900 hours of flying time logged. This time over 200 hours. My internet connection did not drop. A pop up box came up on my screen mid flight, and said my packages were out of date. Yes to continue or no. I clicked Yes. It immediately said I had now been signed out of Xbox Live account. It asked if I wanted to sign back in? I clicked Yes. It signed back in, then MSFS went into checking for updates. It found 3 new updates. I let it install them. No reboot or crash of application. Went to Proifile tab and all of the flight hours are gone (again) for the second time in about 3 months. This is insane for a High End (and high price) simulator that they clearly want you to be proud of your accomplishments on, as they track nearly everything. Then corrupt the data, with no backup. Your just screwed!!! That is unacceptable!! I work in the IT field, and I know the data (in the cloud) should be backed up and is very recoverable.

2 Likes

Same problem for me and my brother just 1h ago. Both messages poped-up at the same time, and he isn’t playing in my same LAN network, we were playing online.

On the runway of RJOO (Osaka Itami) with FlyByWire A32NX experimental. But it happened also in the main menu.

Up until yesterday I had logged 162 hours. But when I logged on this morning all but 2 of my hours have vanished. Has anyone else seen this?

Same happened to me today. Did some online searching and found no solution. Hope it fixes itself.

I hope someone can help us not starting this again.

Same here.

Me too. Same here.

I suggest everyone of us raise zendesk tickets. This fiasco with poorly validated updates is getting out of hand.