Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

thanks… then my former “guess” about the “wgs” folder seems correct.

May be all users which read here can before starting the app these days, made a backup :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was your “wgs” reference I was quoting lol, I do not know if it is right or wrong, but better to be safe than sorry !!
We would be best off knowing what that Steam backup holds, then we can see where they are kept ;¬)

1 Like

online:
local:

That’s why these games are called “Early Access Games” on Steam.
Oh, wait…

1 Like

And your logbook is restored? Or is this from when it was broken?

This is what I suspect that “kh_logbook” is on my system, with my current broken size:

ah… no… I not have the issue at least for now ( knocking on wood ). Only mention the way how the backup can works. We tried this for a steam user already within an older thread, more related to the joystick settings than the logbook .

Such a major mistake shouldnt be treated with complete silence from developers.
I agree

1 Like

As the updates arent optional we just have to have our fingers crossed and hope it will work. Like with any windows update…

The DATA is not working !!! It is not possible to switch it on, so in a nutshell MSFS2020 is ready for the nackers yard. With no DATA there is no weather, Bing data so MSFS now looks as bad as P3D and X-Plane.
Joy :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage:

1 Like

Those are the UI files, not the actual logbook and profile.

Steam: Steam version / Issues with Microsoft Store - #2 by SANGEKi1985

MS Store: Export log book - #5 by mixMugz

This is really very irritating and I wish we had had some communication from Asobo, it’s really poor. I don’t care about the stupid logbook hours but not being able to actually use the sim in the online capacity is really bad. I’m assuming we might not see a fix until at least Monday given the silence of Asobo and as it’s now the weekend?

The strange thing is its the same bug for everyone but not with the same issues. I lost some of my Logbook Entries but my Sim works perfectly fine otherwise. The same Bug literally did completly break the Sim for other people.

Yeah, I realise that, as it says “UI” in it’s title.
We also said that we think they are stored in the wgs files, but we don’t know for sure if there is anything stored elsewhere … for example, there are settings cfg files dotted all over other directories that are not in the wgs dirs.
Also, the containers.index file in there only seems to have references to input profiles.
I mean, it is possible that as the data has disappeared, it might usually be stored in there, but until confirmed by an actual dev, I cannot trust that the wgs is where all the logbook details are stored.

At least Steam was easy and I’ve already recovered my logbook and profile from a backup.

thats true and similar to steam logbook. As we can see that affected users have e.g. the “600” next target, but “0 hours”. We not know what exactly these logbook file contains.

ah, thanks for info… so it works ensured also for the logbock. I was only sure about the input files :slight_smile:

Achievements are separate from the logbook, think it’s the GRANTEDREWARDS.BIN file

1 Like

What is interesting - and I lost my hours too - is that the next level for you is showing at 2000 HRS - It should - if hours are really gone - show 50 HRS as the next level.
I had 205 HRS and though mine are “gone” my next level is showing at 300 HRS.
All my Achievements are still showing.
It’s perplexing. It’s like the sim knows how many hours you’ve got but isn’t displaying them. There’s hope yet we might get them back, no?

is what @SubtotalGuide81 wrote… the Achievements :slight_smile:

Strange is how these are stored remotly… because in steam cloud there is no other file for that. May be it’s not remote stored… who knows… :wink:

Seems obvious to me there are server issues that need to be resolved at the MS end of things. Think we just need to patient.

Also there has been a number of moderator posts and several posts by Jummivana in this thread - so not true to say there has been no communication. The problem has been acknowleged and being worked on. It is also the middle of the night in Seattle right now.