Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

This kind of mistake has been made for several days. My more than 200 hours are gone. Doesn’t asobo watch the community? So community existence is meaningless. Why is there any mistake that has just been opened and there is no official explanation and reply

Mate, this started ‘after’ I did those 3 updates. At least Asobo have something to go on with 600+ posts…
Right now I can continue enjoying the sim but the hours etc will start again, so my issue is; Do I continue playing, or wait for a fix, hoping that my data is recoverable.

242 votes… seems affected are not all users and may be therefore they need time to find out “why it happens”.

1 Like

Like the performance issue a month ago which also affected only “some users”

1 Like

Same for me. After some update “your data is out of date…” game reset my play time, my progress landing challenge, my achievements progress and resets some settings (language (from Russian to English), some help (cities mark, airport markers, some on-screen help was turn on)).

Same here, I got the message first friday night. I updated the US content in content manager, and bang, my 250+ hours were gone. But not the 300 hrs ‘next achievement’. Yesterday I also got this problem, maybe related, maybe not. Logitech Flight controls CTD or as soon as I plug them in - #3 by FLAVIOR8LIX

Am hoping that we get some form of response today. I posted on Zendesk, but yet to hear. Last Friday, thinking it was my error which caused the Packages being out of date, and that I could find no immediate fix online, and no comment from Asobo, I uninstalled MSFS and then downloaded a clean copy. I got the same error (of course), but even after signing out of xbox and signing back in, plus deleting xbox and reinstalling, and using all the ideas above - I am still “Out of Date”. Further to that all the additional content following last years release (Japan, US, UK etc.) are now missing from my content manager.

Please Asobo fix this. I have been an FS user since FS4 (plus ATP and the A320 boxed sim) and in 29 years have never experienced this sort of Online/Server issue (I miss disks). When I purchase a product a expect to be able to use it! I look forward to you fixing the current issues at the earliest possible opportunity.

3 Likes

I dont if they’ll respond, is their Chess Tournament over? Someone posted a link to Asobo’s (redit of facebook) page dont remember which where there was no mention of the bug, but had the results of the in house chess tourney they had on Friday (hmm same day this all started).

But you know you could tell from the pictures that the staff at Asobo look really stressed out (Not) so they must me at least thinking about it…

2 Likes

Each time a major issue crops up Asobo is silent for days or weeks investigating. My suspicion is that all hands are on deck with the move to XBOX leaving only the CEO and his skeleton crew to deal with the live build.

Maybe they will come out this morning and explain what has happened and what they are doing about it.
Or maybe they wont say a thing.

This is really sad. Such a great sim which so much potential. But those constant issues are really annoying

2 Likes

I am having same problem. Yesterday I received that message and now I can’t see any server on servers lists. No live weather nor multiplayer, …image

And Im playing now, and I see all the servers out there though my FPS is in the toilet at the moment, another piece of evidence going toward my theory of network connectivity being at the heart of these problems…

Remember just because you have a gig connection, most providers only guarentee that speed to the first hop ie your cable modem and the ISP at the other end. Once you pass that your on you own.

@LucioPL try disconnection from the Xbox and MS connections and restart them and then relaunch the sim and see if its any better…

Did you turn your online settings back on? They are switched off if you press ‘No’…

Got the same message after some standby time.
Bye bye 500+ hours. Now i’ve got 1 hrs and next level is 600 hrs.

2 Likes

It’s not just a logbook issue though. It’s a problem with this constant ‘packages out of date’ error message that pops up which will either reset all your settings and wipe your log book if you click on yes or disconnect you from all online services if you click no. And then it’ll pop up again later…

obviously you missed the point.

I dont, just making a point of my own thats all. I get it, its there and it should work but doesnt…

Yes. I tried everything possible, even updating Windows. Disconnect from store, from xbox, restart pc, etc… Same problem.

I have a paper log book. Adding sim hours to it may not go down well.

2 Likes