Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

My brother tried that and the sim just keep poping up until you clic “yes”. For him was even worse because all the settings were reset to default.

1 Like

What a complete nightmare !

3 Likes

This is ridiculous! I’m so disappointed… :cry:

Asobo, where are you?

1 Like

:scream_cat: I am too angry to start the sim again before the next update
and then few days more to let some others find the new surprises.
I am very aware of my selfish behavior this time.

I slowly start to dislike world updates…

2 Likes

I think this was the last straw for me, they clearly don’t know what they are doing.

2 Likes

I found this post in another thread. So if it actually works it might be a good idea to back this folder up if someone hasn’t loaded into the game already?

3 Likes

Just to point out, as with my screenshots I posted above. I never actually had the out of date error, my logs were erased after I changed my password for the xbox/ms account…

1 Like

Exactly. Me either.

I found it very odd that the airport I “fly” out of (almost) daily has been completely abandoned. It was chock full when I took off this morning…

EDIT five hours later: All aircraft have returned to their parking spots, and ground crew as well, at my local airstrip. Flew for 90 minutes on a circuit I’ve done many times; no issues to report.

Everything seems to be as it should, except the logbook has been wiped clean. I can live with that… no big deal. I’m just happy that the sim seems stable and behaves well. :slight_smile:

So this issue has persisted and it seems i have lost all the hours I once had.

Error message with me too … The simulator exits the program after selecting the airport, aircraft … What can I do? I tried several times, but every time I quit …

Hi all,

This is becoming beyond a joke now. I am trying my best to be mindful but this sim is like a bad car. You get nervous everytime you go to turn the key!

Mid flight I get a packages out of date error - I follow the provided steps and get to that “press any key” homescreen I do press “any key” and it brings me straight back.

I then reset the sim enable online features and bang there it goes again. (After 20 minutes of loading)

I wouldn’t mind if the performance of the sim was anyway remotely good but its becoming a joke now and I’m getting fed up.

Does anyone have a suggestion it would greatly appreciated.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? no

Brief description of the issue: packages out of date

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: nothing is consistent with this “sim” anymore. One minute it works the other it doesnt

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

`Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket # yes.(99226)

1 Like

I had this exactly one time. Rebooting the PC got rid of it.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’ve had it a few times just extremely annoying at this stage.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Trying to play MSFS from a fresh reboot and I’m unable to fly as these messages keep popping up.

Does anyone recall?
What is going on?

I got this in the middle of my flight earlier. I said no and kept flying. When my flight finished and I returned to the home screen my marketplace is grayed out and I can’t get it back. They must be doing something on the server side of things right now. Someone else mentioned in another topic that they were rolling out the test beta for world update 4 today so it might be affecting things.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update.
That does make sense.
It is such a shame that we don’t get any updates letting us know about this before hand.

Ill add to this that I keep a copy of the packages folder on my HDD.

Maybe we’re all getting the beta

I don’t want a “beta”, I want to fly - I sit down to chill out for an hour or two and all this does is irritate the ■■■■ out of me.

1 Like

Here, too, the same thing. In the middle of a spectacular flight of more than 3 hours … on the final approach … crash … and the problem is yours … lol
This lack of consideration irritates at times. It costs to inform that the service may be interrupted.
It looks like amateur work … how boring!

2 Likes