Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

Can’t confirm if it worked. Quit before I got my data wiped, waiting for the update.

@Taleboules2146 Please answer, how do we get our settings and hours back?

1 Like

I have the same issue. The “packages out of date” message popped up during my last flight. I hit cancel. The I lost all radio communication. Like all of them. Nothing going in nothing going out. Not even the text popped up on the screen anymore. Marketplace is greyed out and I don’t have any server connection. Weirdly the game loads life weather though. So it’s not an internet issue. Maybe a server issue at Microsoft??

I tried Zendesk fix with signing out and signing back in. But that didn’t work either. Anyone know what’s going on? Any word from Asobo or Microsoft???

Hi @MadAlBertus,
Just a quick FYI, members on the forum can not view your zendenk tickets. Zendesk submissions are tied to your login.

2 Likes

i ha$ this two days ago - see my previous post (apologies don’t know how to link it here). This was before the three US updates. i have now loaded them. After a few launches of the app the original logbook has not come back - new flights are getting registered though. Another funny thing that just happened was that I was asked to load again the latest patch.

can this happen multiple times?

Talked to a friend, he has experienced this multiple times.

1 Like

My hours reset to zero. No big deal.

All UI settings remained intact, which is great! :slight_smile:

Random error message appears, restart while flying, logbook empty. Great job.
I’m so tired of this.

3 Likes

hi @Hester40MT
I thought as much, but I think its not the job of members of the forum to fix the game. Devs keep breaking the game and devs are pretty much expected to fix it, especially since they are the only ones with the means to do it, and therefore the game devs should also have access to the Zendesk, If they don’t, I don’t see the point of it. Also the issue in the report kinda follows same pattern as already described in multiple posts above +me bit ranting about couple of other issues I had at the time and some really bad game design decisions in MSFS, tho in nutshell I think I ve pretty much summed it up the report in my previous post.

But one thing that I’ve slightly mentioned only in the report is that I think this is really major issue, like if something in MSFS doesn’t work its not that big deal, cos players can just go for something else in the game, or to avoid issues, but this issue doesn’t seem avoidable and its kinda comparable to getting a save file corrupted after long time in some really long SP game. Its really infuriating issue that’s pretty likely to make people quit the game entirely and never play it again, I felt pretty bitter about playing MSFS for weeks after it happened in January, it doesn’t feel surprising to see the same issue in the game 4 months later, so its not that hard of a blow as the first time, but still it feels so stupid getting a “Premium Deluxe” game and it turning out to be more broken than most games that are in Early Access.

1 Like

3 times in ~30min. With restart of cause.

1 Like

There never seems to be an end to this game’s problem…

This is all because there are a couple of updates that are in the Content Manager. I had an update to KDEN and an update to a Bush Trip. The big problem is that after doing the updates the sim resets all your preferences AND DELETES all the data in your log book! Only had 100 hours and now it’s all gone!

Same here, I had the Packages out of date message after I clicked YES the sim restarted, I saw a different splash screen during this time then was presented with the ‘Press Any Key to Continue’ option, this then took me to the normal main menu but my logbook was empty, zero hours but some achievements remained (most of them I think…!) plus a lot of my settings had reset e.g. cockpit tips, flying tips were ON etc.

Have I indefinitely lost all my hours now?

1 Like

I keep getting this “warning” every flight now… :thinking:

Hi all, I have already sent a bug report on this issue via this post: Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

I’d love to have one location for this problem so we can get eyes on it properly. As there are more votes there I’d like to consolidate and move everyone over there.

We are sorry for this issue you are facing and are looking into it!

11 Likes

It finally happened to me. I got it “packages out of date” message as I was taking off. I clicked “no”. Now my ATC and my pilot voice is different. Mine sounds like a little kid. I have no idea what else it messed up or if I’ll be asked to update again once I get back from this flight and into the main menu.

1 Like

Thank you Jayne👍🏼

1 Like

Haven’t seen anything yet, closed the sim 2hrs ago when I saw all these messages flooded here :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Q: is it advisable to start the simulator off line at this moment ?

In your position I wouldn’t start it. :wink:

My logbook is already gone so happy flying. :smiley: