Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

Same here yesterday. Can’t get past the Press Any Key message now.

I was lucky and my logbook wasn’t destroyed today. I think I will stay away from using MSFS until this garbage is fixed.

Was not only the advise of “packages need to update”, also settings like language, Atc off, and other has been reset to default.

More and more things go wrong and nothing is solved…

Since yesterday I start backing up a folder named “wgs” in MS version of MSFS, read somewhere in this forum all your setting is stored in sub folder inside this folder included setting, logbook…etc.

Also took screen shots of my profile in case…

ahh, I guess this is the new season of msfs

1 Like

I doubt anything is wiped. You don’t see a logbook because servers are down. I thing when the connection is back, you will see it again.

1 Like

Possibly.

Though several new flights since the error have been logged, just nothing earlier shows up.

I’ve lost my Marketplace and can’t connect to any server after this failed update :frowning:

1 Like

this bug hit me a few days ago as well.
lost all of my flight hours after that out of date package popup, and it reset all my settings like others have stated.
and this is why i use an external program/service to log my flights. :frowning:

The latest, and it redownloaded again yesterday! I don’t know why, because i’ve downloaded it when it was released. 1.14.6.0

Mine and many others had their logbooks erased last time it happened.
Zendesk said it couldn’t be retrieved…lets hope it’s different this time.

Ouch. I haven’t done a lot of flying (waiting for VR controllers, and building airports for now) so don’t care about a log book, but I feel your pain. Let’s hope for the best.

You have to go to settings and put online mode on again. Then updates show up in marketplace. I updated them and all was well again.

I didnt loose anything, but others did apparently which is not so good…

Any official news from Asobo/Microsoft on this as of now? I’m afraid to fire up the sim to be honest.

1 Like

This happened to me too.

Lost all my hundreds of hours + all logbook entries.
315hours playtime on steam, now showing 2 hours in msfs.

ouch!

I have the same issue (though slightly less hours, about 700h). Also, some of the achievements remain, but everything related to flight hours and the landing challenges is gone.

@Jummivana

I think it is fair to ask for some sort of update on this. I can’t fire up the sim for fear of losing all my settings. I don’t care much for the logbook as it was already broken but it would be nice to fly this weekend.

Please let us know where the team is at in figuring out a solution? In times like this communication makes or breaks a bad situation. Are we all doomed to click “yes” and reset our sims - logbook, settings and who knows what else?

4 Likes

I’m confused… the loss of flight hours in the logbook is only a side issue.

The real issue and the cause of that problem is the fact that the servers are having severe outages. So far I have not seen any official acknowledgement that Asobo is aware that the whole online functionality is down since yesterday for many people: no Bing maps imagery, no high resolution terrain mesh, no photogrammetry, no live weather. Basically nothing works that makes MSFS what it is.

It’s basically FSX since yesterday.

5 Likes

More like FS98…

Could be a hardwarefailure with a crashing disk or such. But in that case I sure hope their soulition is well designed and redundant with data stored on more than one physical location as well…