Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

It happens the same to me…

I got the same problem. Yesterday eve I got the pop up window “package lost”-something. Today I can start the sim, but I cannot connect to any servers :frowning:

Flagged again what a ■■■■ show NOTHING I said violated terms of service. I would gladly like to respond to the person who was trying to inform me so I could be better educated on the subject discussed but I’m afraid they would just sensor it too. What a joke.

Hi, same occurred to me, mid flight from Paris to Frankfurt on Apr/09/21. Reported to Zendesk, # 101065.

Does anyone with this issue uses a VPN?
I had this “Package out of Date”- Issue now 6 times in the last 4 days in every flight. 3 Times my Profile got wiped. 2 times i had to configure my options again. Mostly UI, Graphic and Controller was still saved, thank god.

Now here is the deal.

On every Simupdate, my downloadspeed is only around 10Mb/s and i have a Gigabyte internetconnection.
If i would use a VPN, my download speed is much much Higher. i read about that already in numerous forumthreads. Has something to do with the ISP and these package datasystem. they dont like it and slow the speed down (not all ISPs, but many).

So since today i use a VPN. Weird thing is, like i said i got this package out of date thing every flight. I did 2 flights with active VPN connection today. And guess what. No Issue anymore.

Coincedence???

There have been endless feature requests around the arguably poor logbook implementation.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/tag/logbook
The ask for exporting logbook has been in the wishlist since release… but didn’t get much attention.

The ability to manage logbook entries did:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/pilot-logbook-entry-deletion/203103

I got the “Packages out of date” error this morning… wasn’t really doing anything, other than switching between screens… from Profile to Welcome, and up it popped. I clicked ‘No’, and nothing happened. After clicking ‘Yes’, the sim restarted, and once I was able, I looked around, and surprisingly, everything (including my logbook) was intact.

what ■■■■ is Asobo doing, all data changed

Bruddah down !! No logbook entries…flying off the record !

I had the message 3 days ago, when flying, said Yes straight away, it took a minute for FS to restart after Press any key, and I then updated the 3 items in Content Manager. Data Connection was all ON. I did keep all the data in my Logbook and in my Profile.

I just had the message again, a few minutes ago today, but FS was just on the main screen (I was not flying). I clicked Yes, it took a minute for FS to restart after Press any key, but in Content Manager, ALL the items were up to date. Data Connection was all ON. I did keep all the data in my Logbook and in my Profile.

FS app is on C:, but the bulk of FS is on D:

I always use the North Europe server, as here in London, Western Europe often drops to 100+ ms. North Europe is consistent.

Of course, I voted:

Hi guys and galls, i am afraid Asobo cannot help te get your logbook back because it is stored locally in the wgs folder under SystemAppData in your userprofile.
So best option if you have a backup of your disk to get this folder from your backup.
Offcourse anything after the last backup is lost.
Maybe a good habit to create a link to SystemAppData folder and backup the wgs folder every day to another place, preferably another disk.
Hope some of you can retreive some of their data.
I could retreive anything until 2021-03-04 the time of my last backup.
Success
Leo Schoonbroodt

1 Like

It just happened to me now! Right now!
Back to the login screen and reset everything!

Well, I thought I found a resolution in that; removing the community folder, executing the updates on the restart, then shutting down restarting again, making sure all data was on, saving, exiting, and then reinserting the community folder. This appeared to work initially, but then after every completed flight, the message returned. Usually, I can change planes without an issue and jump into another flight. Initially, I thought this was related to FBW, but then I saw that this issue has been around since Dec 2020 for some. What I do know for certain for me is that this came about after the most recent update and the FWB standalone. So now I’m at a lost. The restart “yes” works with my community folder installed, but it takes a while to process as I have over 1149 files in there to sort through :)…Love my msfs. Hopefully, the fix can be found soon.

my log is empty

Could you post a full folder description on where to find that please?

Same here, 30min ago. “Out of date” while Nevada Bush Trip. Then the “push button”-screen in a loop and now all my logbook is empty.
I did update the three mini patches. Nothing else.

Why are the flights been saved local? Why a update can delete the logbook?

I’m really angry atm.

3 Likes

[quote=“StartedAlpaca10, post:679, topic:388213”]
…i am afraid Asobo cannot help te get your logbook back because it is stored locally in the wgs folder under SystemAppData in your userprofile.
[/quote]

*So you recopied the previously copied wgs into the folder C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData*
?
Correct? Is it possible to do that?

I ask because I didn’t try (I have a copy of wgs), as my Profile and Logbook are so far intact.

It’s simple. Asobo/MS released the WU4 in beta status for some folks out there and now the sim looks for almost everybody whether WU4 is installed or not, that’s why it looks like our sim is out of date, since most of us do not have the WU4-beta. Another glitch when it comes to a Sim Update or a World Update. MSFS looks surprisingly good, but certainly is poorly managed

8 Likes

If thats the case maybe the best remedy is to just go ahead and push the next update out to everybody? Idk if that’s best or not but more and more people are losing their logs every minute and the only remedy is probably going to be is just don’t play the game. Your basically playing Russian Roulette every time your trying to play MSFS in online mode.

1 Like

UPDATE: No issues today with Upload speeds, 40.1Mbps, DL 931.4Mbps - just had the Packages Out of Date again. This one is making it impossible to continue with Data on. Depressing and confounding.

2 Likes