Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

I saw that there was a steam update after the patch was already released, So I killed the download - got the steam client update and restarted and yeah were at the right version woohooo…

Remember dont tell anybody until we finish out downloads, dont want to lag out the servers Bwahahahha!

1 Like

Was this with the steam or the MSStore version? If steam can you please tell me where you found the files?

Yes i suppose all is encrypted and not only logbook is stored in this map but also settings and who knows what more. So i copied the completr folder and later after the disaster restored it from backup.
It looks like your logbook is cleared an settings changed at the moment you press that “any key”.
If you choose NO , you just go offline but nothing is lost.

Anyone got their logbook hours back yet? Word on the street is that this update fixed the issue.

Its not mentioned anywhere in the release notes, so I don’t have high hopes about that

EDIT: also votes for this “bug” here are still going, so looks more like they are still undecided if they will do something about it

It is where the logbook data is stored [for my store version anyway].
However if I remove the wgs folder altogether, all that happens is that a new exact copy of it [minus all my original log data, of course] is created.
So, a pointless exercise, really!
Any better ideas?

Downloaded 1.15.7.0, close to 30 GB including WU4.
Flight hours and logbook still missing.
The update did not fix this for me.

5 Likes

This post from the community manager may be of interest:

5 Likes

Difficult to understand how they might not be able to say much about it. They have supposedly been investigating it for five days. There is a thread on the forum with 700 replies and 300 votes. I’d have thought would be able to say plenty about it.

At the very least, I hope they will confirm whether the logs are stored locally, and therefore cannot be recreated if they have been lost.

They should also be able to suggest what those people who have not yet lost the logs can do to protect them in the event they do lose them.

Finally, and far from least, they can talk about why they have not in any way engaged with the community about this issue for 5 days.

4 Likes

well its not just 5 days,
from Zendesk reply I got to my above mentioned report from 9th January:
“Unfortunately, what you are experiencing is a known issue that affects some users. Be assured that the dev team is working on fixing the issue.” dated January 21, 2021 03:00

4 Likes

After the new World Update

2 Likes

Hi @PiperDriver0624 , file locations (profile, playtime, logbook,…) for steam users: Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date] - #733 by Patric756

1 Like
1 Like

It’s worth noting I just finished installing the new World Update, hoping that would get me back online. No dice. The WU installed correctly, but the sim still thinks I’m out of date when I’m signed in. New interesting note from today; all my add-ons are also disabled and showing that they are incompatible with my current install version because it’s out of date. Fascinating, but also frustrating that this latest update didn’t get things back to status quo…

I am going to assume you have never tried debugging a complex piece of software, exhibiting undesired behavior within a random group of users with no common thread.

I have written some software, albeit pretty darn simple by comparison, over the years. I have had instances, where one user out of 108 in an organization, had a constant CTD every time they tried to enter a value into ANY field. Took me a month to figure out that they had a background app that was interfering with the server connection. Wasn’t much to report as I worked thru it. “still under investigation” was about the only update I could offer.

The “packages out of date” was determined a while back to be related in some way to the servers anticipating the upcoming update. That was communicated. It should obviously be resolved with the update being released. The lost log books is obviously a different issue and again is not affecting everyone. Why? What is the common denominator? Why is yours affected and mine isn’t? I would guess that all you could really say is “we are aware there is a problem and it is under investigation”.

1 Like

If you have the MS store version? If so, did you install the 1.23 GB update from there? That file is necessary to have the complete update.

Nothing changed for me after the update except that Zendesk closed the ticket as solved with a note about the update.
I have reopened the ticket and will keep reopening it until I get a proper answer.
The problem has existed for more than 5 days my ticket is already 14 days old

4 Likes

Thanks guys. And sorry but I missed that in the 700 posts :blush:

You assume wrong.

I’m not going to get into a ■■■■■■ contest with you about IT experience. If you think Asobo are exhibiting the attributes of quality developers, we’ll have to agree to disagree.

We are aware there is a problem and it is under investigation” is not good enough. People are losing their data daily. If the data is stored locally, why haven’t Asobo told people how to back it up and restore it? If it’s in the cloud, why haven’t they spoken about that?

Why nothing from them for 5 days? Somebody (hopefully) has a handle on what is going, why not spend 5 minutes here explaining it? Not a huge report, not the code, just a simple plain English summary of where they are.

3 Likes

Steam version and it downloaded the 1.23GB update before launching to do the WU. Still no luck on getting online.