Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

Got the same thing happening to me, lost almost 200 hrs worth of flight time. Put a ticket with Zendesk they closed it and sent me on my way to find a solution on my own by using the forums or the knowledge base. Go figure…

1 Like

I lost 600 pre Jan, was back up tp 300 lost that Fri. then to add insult to injury, I lost the 20 I had after the update…good thing I dont care about log books…it just gets better and better and better.

I will not spend another dime on this game if I do not get my log/achievements/etc… back. I have never had this bad of an experience with any game before, especially one that I spent over $100 for. It might seem like no big deal for many people, but it is a big deal for some.

5 Likes

Well I tried to go backwards and wasted all the time involved for a 200GB install, ONLY to find that all previous flight sims are so far behind MFS that it’s just just not worth having them installed - comparable to playing a sim from the mid 2000’s in 2021 and this was with all payware used. As soon as the world update came out, it fixed all of my MS Store issues and online connectivity, but sadly, my flying hours are still gone and I can say with almost 100% certainty that they will never be returned (the file was overwritten the day it happened = gone for ever).

I do however, hope that Asobo can write some code to match the hours in our Statistics page to the 50/100/200/500 etc awards and match up the recorded hours, even if it’s just close enough will do. I see these recorded hours as a ‘virtual aviators licence’.

Also, don’t panic about all of your add-ons being shown as ‘Not Installed’ because they are still there, and working fine. Asobo know’s about the issue and have said it’s a priority for the next hotfix.

But the flight hours will just get us all a big ‘Sorry’ and that we now have a completely messed up hours system, but hey, we have another World Update and that ‘apparently’ is all that matters.

2 Likes

I also have the same problems as reported by many others, including, like you, not being able to access Marketplace or select LIVE weather anymore.
Any clues on restoring this please anyone?

Well I also have had this happen, flying Kalgoorlie to Perth in Bonanza G36, got to the ILS and message pops up your data is out of date and the sim froze.
All logbook and pillot profile deleted,

I only heard about this being an issue in the last week or so. How long has this been going on?

Another thing I was curious about is whether anyone other than @StartedAlpaca10 can confirm whether they were able to restore those wiped logs by restoration from backup of the “wgs” folder, or the folder it sits in?

At least since Jan, alot of people we’re fussing, (not me I dont really care about logbooks) that after that patch all their log files were missing. Never got a response back then, but maybe thats because the sim was alot more usable back then. But if you search the forums you can find some posts about it.

1 Like

Nearly 500 hours are missing since the update :frowning:

It’s more than a week now… it’s not connecting, no marketplace, no weather, no online. The server selection saying “AUTOMATIC” and it’s spinning and nothing happens.
Multiple starts didn’t solved the issue.

I’m reading many people complaining here, but Asobo have acknowledged the issue? Are they doing something about it… or I’ve just to wait and “hope” that it fixes itself?

Why the mods are moving all the requests in this thread? Is it “monitored” by who? Am I missing an official answer about this issue and when it will get solved?

I mean it’s tons of users with this, since before the latest update, and everyone is silent/ignoring it?

@ARCTiCIT, I haven’t had issues with any of that, and while I certainly don’t (and can’t for that matter) read every post in every thread on this forum, yours is the first report I’ve seen about such things. Short of the obvious (which to me means some diagnostics and/or changes regards your ISP), unfortunately I have no advice to give you about this. You sure your firewall settings are set to allow MSFS in and out as it needs? I don’t know, just sort of thinking out loud…

I’ve post in this same thread (or the other similar thread… i don’t remember) when it was already some days I was experiencing this issue (in the middle of a flight the popup come out… and the login never worked again). So I found this thread and posted and discovered so many other people with the same issue, so I believed it was a general issue and just waiting, thinking that a such big “bug” would be recognized and fixed asap as it involved a great number of players… but I was wrong.
Will investigate further… or I will issue a ticket… or I will wait… i don’t care much about the MP, I only fly on IVAO… but the real weather missing is a big issue.

Being investigated…

1300 hours lost

2021-04-14T22:00:00Z

Hello, ditto for me, all my hours erased, I hoped to see an update today, but nothing more. Can’t connect to the server. Or do we have to vote for an interest in us?

Hey all! We would like to confirm if any users lost their logbook hours on the most recent build (1.15.7.0). The devs are curious to see if the timeframe of this bug was during the “Packages out of date” error or if it is occurring in this most recent update as well.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Mine was lost with the “packages” message two days before WU4. Haven’t lost the hours I’ve flown since then…

1 Like

Same here, at the cost of about 300-350 hours. 2 prior events from months back cost me probably a combined total of about 700 hours. So I should be at 1,000+ and I’m sitting at about 6. I really don’t care that much about it, aside from wanting to get the 1,000 hour achievement, which will prove difficult if I keep losing hours.

Likewise, achievements is generally something I don’t pay much attention to, but I figure if there was ever a “game” that I could get them all, it is this one.

2 Likes

Same here too, packages update seem to cause the issue, lost my flight hours after that, before the world update

1 Like

Same here, logbook hours were lost when the “packages are out of date” happened.
Important note : I was flying when I was kicked out of the online services, then when tried to re-enable online services the message came up! That’s when my logbook got zeroed out.
Wu4 did not wipe the hours flown later.

1 Like