Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

I didnt loose my hours as i was on the beta team Jayne…however i was watching my father n law showing me something on his sim when the packages error popped resulting in loosing his hours, also the night the beta was pushed…if that helps.
Be interested to know if any of the beta team got the packages popup at all.

1 Like

same here. got kicked out of a flight some days ago with the message that packages were out of date. lost 300+ hours, and several other progress. this is … more than sad.

1 Like

Dito, but heres the strange part I had close to 20 hours, and then we got the real update and those were gone as well…

1 Like

Thanks for the answers all!

4 Likes

Logbook hours are lost due to pressing “any key” after selecting yes in response of the packages out of date message. If you select no as response your going offline and next time you change it to online, the packages out of date reappears.
I did not loose any logbook hours later when i installed the 1.15.7.0 update but now the mobiflight WASM module which i need to interface my cockpit doesn’t work anymore. So i admitted a ticket and it was acknowledged by Asobo/MS that they are investigating problems with WASM modules after the update.
By my knowledge they fixed this packages out of date problem but they cannot fix lost logbook hours.
You can do that yourself to the time of your last backup by restoring the wsg folder in SystemAppData of your userprofile from your last backup.

Mine was on the “packages out of dater error” prior to update 1.15.7.0.

Packages out of date

Doesnt work…its server side issue

Same happened to me. I clicked no. After my flight I went to the MS store and it said to update, so I did. Now I crash on the loading screen, I can’t even make it to the menu screen. The game is unplayable I guess I will have to do a clean install of the game. thank goodness I have fast internet.

The WASM (sorry WGS :wink:)backup unfortunately does not always work. for me it did not work my backup was 2 weeks old was immediately overwritten again by the cloud backup.
The only thing that has changed is that now the next level is at 500 instead of 50.
The priority is the flight hours in the cloud and not on your computer.
and this is the official statement from Zendesk today

Currently, we cannot restore your logbook.

The information has been passed on to the development team. We are still investigating this issue.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

We are closing this ticket as there is nothing more for us to do from the support side.

Best regards.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

1 Like

that’s a pitty, for me it worked still have the hours restored from my last backup and the ones accumulated since then.
I have the boxed version, could that be a difference?
Don’t know if Steam users have a cloud-backup which overwrites this?
Its anyway always a good habit to make regular backups.
By the way, its the wsg folder to be restored, the WASM module is software which interfaces user cockpits etc. to msfs especialy to gauges. The mobiflight WASM module is broken (amongst others) after update 1.15.7.0 but that is a different story.

1 Like

check if you use a WASM module in your community folder, some are broken after update 1.15.7.0
The mobiflight WASM module i used caused CTD during loading and this problem is acknowledged by Asobo.
To check, move everything out of your community folder to a safe place and see if MSFS then loads. If so, move them one after the other back in to see which one is broken. Success!

sorry meant the WGS folder not WASM this is another issue that unfortunately also affects me.
I use Windows Store version. I have MSFS installed also on another PC also there was the content in the wgs folder overwritten with the data from the cloud although I was asked at startup which data I want to use my choice had no effect. as it looks it just does not work with all the backup

Started the day with 398 hours in the logbook. Flew over three hours today and now I’m at 361. There was no glitch, no “packages” message, no updates, no program crashes, no nothing. Just a reduced logbook.

As can be seen by these screenshots achievements were wiped in addition to the logbook being reset to 0.0 This happened 2 days before the release of WU4
Complete every landing challenge is gone and a number of others per ss1
As can be seen by next level 800 per ss2

1 Like

My sim is back to stable, no pop up, most of my achievements intact as well as all of my flight seconds stats.

Now here is, as I mentioned earlier, a way to correct this and model a better system and at very low impact on resources;
Take all of the current Total Flight Time With Autopilot Engaged (Sec) and, add them to all of the current Total Flight Time Without-Autopilot Engaged (Sec).
Divide the result by 3600,
Result = The users flight hours from release day 1.

2 Likes

I would think that all those missing number were collected and/or calculated from flightdata in the logbook. Since (at least in my case) the logbook is completely erased, there is no data to retrieve these numbers from.
My assumption: This is not recoverable.
I’d love to be proven wrong in this case.

1 Like

this works only if the flight hours have not started counting again

Yes i had the “package out of date” message and i clicked “Sign out”, as advised. Landed on the “Press any Key” screen. Flight Log back to zero and all options back to default. Bush Trips and Challanges also back to zero. Achievements also gone. Signing out and signing back in with the xbox app does not help. Tried this multiple times. Its annoying…

Hi Jayne,

While they are investigating this, I’d just like to pass this information along:

Even if they can’t, at least, I wish they could make the PC version address this in a PC specific way. In effect, all user-facing settings regarding controllers, logbook, and a few others are all "managed’ as if the PC is an Xbox(1).

The problem is that if there is a bug in the code, or a bug in the “cloud” sync, you loose it all like the recent deleted logbook bug is telling. Instead, with user manageable and editable files (json, whatever), every single user can manage his/her own backup and restore process in case this is happening.

I doubt they will change this because the way the game is managing such user settings is also a by product of using Xbox related dev tech and tools, which is encapsulating all of this inside a tightly controlled system. This shouldn’t make impossible adding the capability from a technical standpoint though, because whatever the “managed” system in place, it is still possible for the game to implement code to load user managed settings files after or in-lieu of the initial Xbox managed settings.

(1) Backup function (export/import) for the controls settings - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like