Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

None idk why this happened

Same here. Restarted. Asked for ok for license and agreement. Changed the images.

Same repeat packages are out of date messages. Never had this before. Annoying.

I just got this earlier during a long flight to Hawaii. I was 3 hours into the flight and I stupidly clicked yes which ended my flight.

I’m now redoing the same exact flight from earlier and I got the message an hour and a half into the flight. I clicked “No” this time and it continued flying. Hopefully this will go away soon because my sim was working so well as of late.

This reminds me of the “offline” message that used to always pop-up in the sim.

If any are experiencing lost of playing hours or statistics, please use this topic so votes do not split:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/playtime-gone-missing/388213

That topic has been pushed up to the team.

Some achievements seem to still be there but I will check again. Logbook and training and stuff all gone.

Yeah, that was the other strange thing. After the normal checking for updates screen i had a lot of pictures of the daher tbm 930 & other planes in the loading screen :thinking:

Yeah, that was exactly the pop up. After that my playtime, the logbook entries for flight school, landing challenges & some archievements progress were goners.

Yeah i have the same issue regarding to the logbook.
Sad story.

I upvoted this bug in this topic…

Thanks for creating this bug topic!!

Same Problem here… Azure ATC was not working trying to set online Data off and on… packages out of date… now, the total flighttime and logbook is gone…

I left MSFS running overnight last night and saw the “Packages out of date” message this morning. I normally don’t leave the sim running like that, so I don’t know if that has anything to do with the message. I did not lose profile hours, though, after restarting. Perhaps because I was not flying at the time the message appeared.

MSFS starts, but cannot connect to the server (also no selection possible, no servers are displayed)
No Marketplace
No weather etc.

My location is Germany. Just for your information.

Logbook data can be seen though and seems to be correct…

Seems to be a server-problem…
Maybe Microsoft can post a short note under news & announcements. That saves unnecessary inquiries…

Same here. I was on an approach to land. Suddenly I got a message

Your packages are out of date. In order to get the necessary updates and go online, you will be returned to the signin screen. Do you wish to continue ?

I said ‘no’ to finish my flight. So they cut my online access and suddenly was flying over an awful offline texture !

I put the online functionality back ‘on’ but the message came back. After three times, I said ‘yes’ to be transported to a loop with the old “press any key” screen.

I shut off the sim and restarted it. I had to revalidate my accessibility screen but no update was downloaded. Checked twice. Same with the content manager.

And my logbook and the number of hours flown (70) were reset to 0.

EDIT all settings wiped out too

3 Likes

Seems like everything went back to normal, no “Package out of date” and online features work. Too bad I lost my logbook progress, well the main “level” progress and completed activities at least, statistics looks fine.

EDIT: Problem still exist for me…

2 Likes

Everybody is having the same issue, despite you unpin all put into community folder still the same and while flying asking for “packages out of date” and if you set no, you loose your online connection and your general/data settings lost.
What do we need to do.

Yes, online functions work again.
You have to reactivate the online function under Settings - General. It was probably turned off by the message discussed here when you clicked on “no”.

Strange that something like this happens without any indication.

Have a good flight!

I faced with this message yesterday evening as well. I was at final in a VA mission so pressed no. Today I fired it up an hour ago, but no online functionality just like the rest of the people above me, stats still OK so far.
EDIT: Kept playing with the online functionality in the menu and was restarting the sim a few times, finally it did offer to sign me back again. Works now, stats are OK either

Here at my end the issue is still there.

Same here. Switched online functionality back ‘on’. After a few seconds the message “Packages out of date” reappears. I always choose “No” not to lose the flight statistics like others.

1 Like