Vegetation render distance slider (separated from terrain/objects LOD) for performance

Seeing that increasing the other render distance sliders have quite a big impact on performance, and the trees less so (as shown by the tree render distance mod), please consider a separate Vegetation distance slider so we can increase the distance trees are rendered at.

Preferably have the slider indicate distinct ranges (2-5-10-20 miles as an example)

edit; Just to clarify:

• we are aware that the current LOD sliders (terrain and objects LOD) do impact the trees draw distance as well
  • we would like to see a separate slider for tree draw distance because it’s less demanding on our PC’s than the terrain/objects LOD sliders (which increase draw distance / detail for photogrammetry and terrain geometry as well).
2 Likes

sounds good to me

9 Likes

Good idea, I voted!

7 Likes

Excellent idea.
Spread the word by posting the link to all relevant platforms you visit.

8 Likes

it would be good :+1:

6 Likes

This is one of the most important needed feature ideas since release. Hope this is considered.

7 Likes

Nice to see the support so far.

4 Likes

Absolutely needed. 100% support this

5 Likes

more votes the more chance it will be taken seriously

2 Likes

I extended the wish in another topic, but because this topic got more votes I just leave my ideas here:

I would appreciate the following settings / tweaking options:

1. Tree LOD:
  • Lateral Draw Distance in NM / KM
  • Vertical Draw Distance in ft / meters
  • Amount of generate trees 0 to 100%
  1. Building LOD:
  • Lateral Draw Distance in NM / KM
  • Amount of generate buildings 0 to 100%
  1. Terrain Sharpness:
  • Lateral Draw Distance Radius in NM / KM
  1. AI / Multiplayer / Realtime Traffic:
  1. Clouds:
  1. Night Lightning:
  • Amount of generated lightning 0 to 100%
  1. Terrain and Water Vehicles:
  • Amount of Vehicles 0 to 100%
21 Likes

This is (yet another) example of an Issue that should NOT require a certain Number of Votes before it is taken seriously by the Devs and action is taken, it’s obviously a backwards step or a Bug that’s appeared which requires immediate attention and not left to linger like the Terrain Spikes issue.

I find the whole reasoning to Vote on Bugs amazingly redundant especially when these Bugs are introduced with an Update, they should not of been introduced in the first place and should blatantly be of a high priority to fix.

11 Likes

Don’t worry too much, the wishlist item votes and bug subsection of the forums are only a part of the prioritization process, not the only factor.

With this wishlist item I wasn’t really asking for a bugfix, I am asking for the developers to give us a way to choose our own specified detail settings in a more specific way.

If this gets us around a bug/optimization, then all the better.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

You said that already Epic. It’s too much to expect from what should a simple Graphics Settings Page.
We’re just after the Vegetation (Tree) Fix here.

Go start your own Vote if you want all that!

My own topic was merged into this by a moderator :wink: That’s the reason for the double post.

Also, the discussion here was made to add ideas and support topics and I think people would appreciate more sliders. Would be great to have an automatic and a manual mode to decide, what you want.

1 Like

This is not an issue or bug, this is a wish. Kinda like it :slightly_smiling_face: voted up. wanna see more trees

1 Like

I like all the requests in your lists, but I think for a single wishlist topic it’s too much.

1 Like

One thing I noticed is that with the tree mods increasing tree render distance the other terrain feature render distances were less important. For example rivers running down mountains sides outside of LOD look like ugly ribbons but if the tree distance is greater it hides them.

1 Like

Also need to add to “Night lighting” settings:

• Light bulbs size
  • Light bulbs brightness
2 Likes

spotted something strange:

menu.traffic_fauna