Please Add an Economy System for Xbox Players

Hi. I’m very new to MS Flight Sim and I’ve simply LOVED this game from its release. It would be outstanding if an in-game economy could be available in the Xbox marketplace. I’ve learned so much about flying–I’m seriously considering a private pilots license because of my experience. I think giving us more goals to achieve (a purpose) besides flying would be an absolute game-changer.

The economy add-on could provide us with the following features:

• In-game currency and experience points
  • Obtaining a pilots license or getting it revoked
  • Purchasing and/or renting aircrafts
  • Specific flights for VIPs, tourists, cargo, medical supplies, etc
  • Pilot profiles filtered by region, xbox friends, etc

I hope we can influence the developers to make this happen. Reply with what features you think could be doable in the Xbox space.

This post was inspired by FS Economy in Marketplace for Xbox?. PLEASE VOTE ON THIS TOPIC!

I’m okay with this wishlist… as long as it’s a choice. People can either opt-in for this feature, or opt out of it without consequences.

2 Likes

Probably not going to happen. People wanted this in the pc version as well.

We do have add-ons and maybe some will make it to Xbox through the marketplace but I doubt.

THIS has never beena thing.

They tried something like this with a real arcadey version of ms and it fail miserably.

So they canned the project

Plus it’s all ran off one server I believe. Just different setting or requirements for each platform.

I love those ideas for a game. However is this a game?

1 Like

I appreciate your realism with this effort. I’m just now digging into the SDK to see how add-ons are done and how plausible this effort might be. I haven’t seen anything in their documentation about persistent data so I’m guessing this idea would require:

• External database
  • REST services (or WebAssembly stuff?!)
  • UI add-on (for SimConnect, I think)

Because the Xbox is the target (right now). Another interface would be needed to view your profile, a list of missions, and your current mission. I’m trying to think of how it could integrate with the MAP. It should hopefully make more sense once I get some practice with the SDK of what’s really capable.

Other brother. This started out as a game, but I got bit by the SimBug. I’ve been totally obsessed with this since the game launched on the Xbox.

I would talk to parallel 42 and see if they would make a Xbox version of their skypark skypad. It’s a really cool add on for the pc version.

So you can see what I’m talking about if you don’t know.

1 Like

Would be a very cool addition for XBOX players. Hopefully Asobo will develop such a system in the future, or enable developers to release such an add-on reasonably via the Marketplace.